Anyone Use a Logi G29 with rFactor?

I'm having trouble controlling oversteer with my Logi G29 in rFactor. For example, even with a stable setup provided to me, at the sweeping left hander at classic Imola just after the S/F line (which one should be able to take at to speed, I can't sense early enough when the backend starts to lose grip - even though the grip loss comes on gradually.

I suspect that I need to adjust the Logi G29's settings in rF2. (I don't use the Logi software...). So would anyone be willing to share their G29 in-game settings? Or at least provide any thoughts on controlling that gradual oversteer?

Thanks!

i think there's nothing to adjust in ffb settings, except car ffb multiplier, which i lowered to 0.70 more or less, to avoid clipping. more over with G29 you must make some changes in controller.json, in order to have correct steering range for every car, you can read how to do it here. before doing this in logitech software you have to create a profile for rf2, which point to rFactor2.exe in "Bin64" folder, and set max steering rotation to 900 degrees

Last edited:
I have been using a G29 for about 3yrs and I have a pretty good feeling with my wheel. You really need the Logitech software installed so you can set the steering wheel sensitivity to 50% any higher and you get over steer and any lower and you get under steer, 50% is the default, I think without it installed it defaults to 100%. Enable centering and set to 5-10%. In rf2, set steering rate to 1%, speed sensitivity to 0%, I usually find .85 in the multiplyer suits most cars, there are exceptions though. I set FFB smoothing to 20%, I prefer a smoother feel to the wheel otherwise it can feel a bit harsh and notchy. Vehicle set enabled. Minium ffb 14.5%. Hope this may of help to you.

never use 1.0 for any car
That's an advice that doesn't make much sense as a general recommendation, given how wide range of the FFB on individual cars is. I mean, on certain cars, you even have to go well above 1.0 to get full range of FFB.

The correct way to set the multiplier would obviously be to drive a few laps, check if you're clipping, do some appropriate adjustments if necessary, and then rinse and repeat until your FFB multiplier is set as it should be (so with more or less no clipping, but still as high as possible).

That's an advice that doesn't make much sense as a general recommendation, given how wide range of the FFB on individual cars is. I mean, on certain cars, you even have to go well above 1.0 to get full range of FFB.

The correct way to set the multiplier would obviously be to drive a few laps, check if you're clipping, do some appropriate adjustments if necessary, and then rinse and repeat until your FFB multiplier is set as it should be (so with more or less no clipping, but still as high as possible).
This all makes sense, Martin - except how do you check for clipping in rF2? There's an app that does it in AC, but I don't know of how to do it in rF2.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%