Anyone Try the AI Racing Yet?

I've been patiently waiting for iRacing AI Racing, but now that it's finally here I'm apparently shut out because I haven't purchased the Porsche and a few of the limited number of tracks which AI works with right now.

So has anyone tried the AI Racing yet? What do you think? If the feedback seems positive, I'm willing to shell out the $$$ for the car and tracks, plus early renewal of my membership, but I've got to decide within the next day or two because of the discounted early membership renewal deadline.

So, what do you think?

Thanks!

Thanks, Bonehead.

Boy, do I suck driving the Porsche 911 - Any tips on what to tweak in the setup to increase overall grip without locking the fronts?

Overall, I like the UI for racing AI so far. The only thing I wish they'd add is to allow you to place yourself anywhere on the grid without having to run thru qualifying, and just jump into a quick race. Whenever I skip Qualifying, I end up at the front of grid, and I certainly don't belong there!

Thanks, Bonehead.

Boy, do I suck driving the Porsche 911 - Any tips on what to tweak in the setup to increase overall grip without locking the fronts?

Overall, I like the UI for racing AI so far. The only thing I wish they'd add is to allow you to place yourself anywhere on the grid without having to run thru qualifying, and just jump into a quick race. Whenever I skip Qualifying, I end up at the front of grid, and I certainly don't belong there!
Use ABS. :)

fsscr031.jpg

Grid Position slider ... sorry, didn't mean to make the image so large!
[/QUOTE
]
Oh, the larger the better!

Unfortunately, for some reason, I don't have the Grid Position Slider! Why would you have it and I don't? :unsure: Did you buy some sort of "premium" AI with extra features? :p

EDIT: I got it! I had "Qualifying" activated. Once I de-activated it, I got the slider. (DOH!) :rolleyes:

Grid Position slider ... sorry, didn't mean to make the image so large!

Oh, the larger the better!

Unfortunately, for some reason, I don't have the Grid Position Slider! Why would you have it and I don't? :unsure: Did you buy some sort of "premium" AI with extra features? :p

EDIT: I got it! I had "Qualifying" activated. Once I de-activated it, I got the slider. (DOH!) :rolleyes:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 77 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 112 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 154 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 289 27.4%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 419 39.7%