Stock Car Extreme Mods (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML2166

If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
Premium
Hey guys

Okay here are the skins created by me over the last few weeks.

38 in total, 19 Chevrolet and 19 Peugeot.

All completely fictional of course, but I hope you enjoy them.

I have given all the cars different numbers and names from the originals in game, so you should be able to run them alongside the original skins.

Pretty new to the modding aspect on the rfactor platform, and this is my first attempt.

Haven't found a way to have the game read a new RFM file hence the reason for the new numbers and names.

Hope you enjoy them........happy racing fellas!

;)

selectionpug.jpg

selectionchevvy.jpg

Chevrolet Part 1

Chevrolet Part 2

Peugeot's

Is this a general fix for rfactor mods used in GSC or only for specific mods? Can you please elaborate?
There are some converted-from-rFactor mods that end up in GSC 2013 working fine but with a matte (/non-glossy) finish. This problem happened to me with the Honda NSX mod and the Corvette (CR6?) mod and the V8Factor Unleashed mods.

Although the converted NSX and Corvette mods became glossy after the GSc v1.20.1.21 updates (all good :)), but the converted V8Factor Unleashed mod (which had been nice n' glossy before V1.20/1.21) then turned matte.

So, to answer you, it's only a problem for some specific mods.

Holy crap!! That's exactly what I was looking for! I couldn't find it on No Grip though. If anyone knows where I may be able to find this mod for GSCE can you post a link here or send me a PM if it's something that may not be ok to post here?
Thank you Matej!

Billy.....I'm not to good when it comes to things like that and have no experience what so ever in converting something like that. But man oh man.....I may have to give it a try.

Holy crap!! That's exactly what I was looking for! I couldn't find it on No Grip though. If anyone knows where I may be able to find this mod for GSCE can you post a link here or send me a PM if it's something that may not be ok to post here?
Thank you Matej!

Billy.....I'm not to good when it comes to things like that and have no experience what so ever in converting something like that. But man oh man.....I may have to give it a try.
The conversion tool is probably easy for you to handle. You have to do no more than point the tool to the folder you want to convert (usually Game Data), then tell it where it should output that conversion to, then press "Convert". And it's all done!

Afterwards, you may need to check the classes are properly specified (in the .veh files) so that when you race the ai, you race against the same class as the car you are in.

Thank you. Is it possible to add gloss to the Porsche Carrera Cup mod? It's too matte to my taste.
I think @Jok3sta 's solution won't add gloss where there was no gloss in the original mod. What @Jok3sta 's solution does (i reckon) is that it makes sure converted mods maintain their original glossiness. So if the PCC mod wasn't that glossy in rFactor, it won't get glossier using @Jok3sta 's solution. But if it was glossier in rFActor, it should get glossier in GSC using @Jok3sta 's solution.

Yes like @Billy Pilgrim said, these files only restore the shine back to the rfactor mods. To change the shine on the cars i think you have to mess with the .mas file. I have been looking into this as i dont like the gloss on some of the mods. There supposed to be a way to change the cubemap files but it has not worked for me yet. I will definately post up when I find out how. BTW i think the gloss on the porcshe cup is fine. Give is a more realistic look. Maybe could use a little more shine to be perfect.

Well done, thank you. Just made a custom rFm for Beswick's FIA GT3 2010 conversion with no issues whatsoever. Once I setup the Championship options correctly I'll be all set. I appreciate your PCC rFM mod too, it's a very fun championship mode to run. Thanks again.

Yes like @Billy Pilgrim said, these files only restore the shine back to the rfactor mods. To change the shine on the cars i think you have to mess with the .mas file. I have been looking into this as i dont like the gloss on some of the mods. There supposed to be a way to change the cubemap files but it has not worked for me yet. I will definately post up when I find out how. BTW i think the gloss on the porcshe cup is fine. Give is a more realistic look. Maybe could use a little more shine to be perfect.
I tried your Shared folder. I'm afraid it didn't seem to make any difference to the one mod (V8Factor Unleashed) where lost glossiness was a problem.

In fact, before V1.20/21 I had the problem of no glossiness with the Corvette mod and the NSX mod (which we discussed together in another thread - and you gave me a tip on how to remedy it). Since v1.2, though, the Corvette and NSX were perfect simply with the new v1.2 Shared folder. However, since v1.2, V8Factor Unleashed has lost its shine (it was fine before).

I tried your Shared folder. I'm afraid it didn't seem to make any difference to the one mod (V8Factor Unleashed) where lost glossiness was a problem.

In fact, before V1.20/21 I had the problem of no glossiness with the Corvette mod and the NSX mod (which we discussed together in another thread - and you gave me a tip on how to remedy it). Since v1.2, though, the Corvette and NSX were perfect simply with the new v1.2 Shared folder. However, since v1.2, V8Factor Unleashed has lost its shine (it was fine before).
Sorry this didnt work for you. What version V8factor Unleashed did you convert. Im going to try it and see if I can fix it. I thought I had this mod but i have the V8Supercar 2012 mod. This is how mine looks. Its not very glossy but its not flat either. There is some gloss to it..

166gkev.jpg

Sorry this didnt work for you. What version V8factor Unleashed did you convert. Im going to try it and see if I can fix it. I thought I had this mod but i have the V8Supercar 2012 mod. This is how mine looks. Its not very glossy but its not flat either. There is some gloss to it..

166gkev.jpg
It is called "V8Factor Unleashed", here: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=V8Factor Unleashed . I noticed a big difference in its glossiness after the V1.2 updates.
I've also got the V8Factor mod whose glossiness (which is fine) was unaffected by the v1.2 updates. But it's not as great looking as the V8Factor Unleashed mod when it's glossy.
It'd be great if you found a fix.

It is called "V8Factor Unleashed", here: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=V8Factor Unleashed . I noticed a big difference in its glossiness after the V1.2 updates.
I've also got the V8Factor mod whose glossiness (which is fine) was unaffected by the v1.2 updates. But it's not as great looking as the V8Factor Unleashed mod when it's glossy.
It'd be great if you found a fix.
Im not sure if it were shinier than this. When I first installed it it was a bit dull but after i replaced the coverted shared folder files with the original shared files, It got a little more sheen to it. let me know
118m98h.jpg

You say "When I first installed it". What do you mean "it"? Do you mean V8Factor? or V8 Factor Unleashed?
I meant the V8factor Unleashed. When i first installed it, it was a bit dull like you said. But after i replaced the shared folder from the converted with the files from the original rfactor files, it now looks like the picture I posted. Not ultra shiney but better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 363 28.1%