Anyone Successfully DIY An Active Seatbelt Tensioner System On A Passive Seat Setup?

As I slowly add to my setup (DIY wind simulation, DIY pedal motors), the next thing I want is an active seat belt tensioner system which would provde tension upon braking. I've seen some mention of this type of setup on different forums but couldn't find the proper step by step guide or component list to make it happen. I hear adding 4 tensioners (1 at each seat belt to rig mounting point) greatly enhances the feedback.

I messaged someone on this forum about their active system on their passive setup but never head back from them.

I understand SimXperience is coming out with one but just from looking at it, it won't fit my current seat and setup. Plus, I'd rather DIY and save money while learning something in the process.

My setup is completely passive. I'm familiar with the Arduino Uno (and motorshield) and SimHub and SimXperience.

If you have a setup like this, please list your component list and what software (and settings) you're using.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 333 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 224 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 169 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 289 13.4%