Anyone see this? CSL Direct Drive.

Attachments

• bandicam 2021-04-21 19-22-24-726.jpg
    bandicam 2021-04-21 19-22-24-726.jpg
    194.1 KB · Views: 214
Ive logged in and out countless times, used 4 different browsers, there is no way to remove the boost kit for me.
Scratch that its changed there now, there must of been an issue.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here are the links from the email. Fanatec only included the links to the EUR 479.95 bundle including the 180W power supply. Somehow they forgot to include the links to the headline grabbing EUR 349.95 DD base.

EU
US
Australia
Japan

When I click on 1x CSL DD (below the 8nm equipped vesion) it pulls up the page with the 90w psu with the option to add that one to the cart. Checked us and eur and both work

Last edited:
Upvote 0
When I click on 1x CSL DD (below the 8nm equipped vesion) it pulls up the page with the 90w psu with the option to add that one to the cart. Checked us and eur and both work
Yes, you can navigate to it - but just found it interesting that Fanatec chose to link to the bundle rather than the headline item. Not surprising though - I don't believe many people will choose the 5 N m option..

Upvote 0
If you're still having an issue please send me a PM with screenshots of what you're seeing. There should be no restrictions on buying the wheel base without Boost Kit 180.
Thanks for that but seems sorted now, I've been busy since but will place my order this weekend.How long will items stay in my cart?

Upvote 0
Thanks for that but seems sorted now, I've been busy since but will place my order this weekend.How long will items stay in my cart?
Your cart should automatically save so that it is the same the next time you log in. However you should always double-check that you are correctly signed in and that the cart contents are correct before you go to the checkout.

Upvote 0
Still the same today , no way to pre order the table mount.
I dont want to preorder my wheel base ,wheel and pedals then another seperate order for table mount thus paying for shipping twice.
Its a weird setup, im currently wheel-less and already facing 4 or 5 months wait for a wheel now i cant even push through a pre order, its incredibly frustrating,
Please address this issue fanatec.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Regarding the table mount: I’ve ordered one (along with the dd wheel), despatch due September 15th.

I’m in the middle of a house move, that means if all goes well, I will be able to buy a proper rig. In that case, I was planning on contacting Fanatec to remove it from my order, but if people are really desperate for one, I’d be happy to sell it at cost plus shipping. I’m in the UK.

Regarding my house move, we’ve had our offer accepted, but the seller hasn’t found anywhere yet. I’m hoping to know more by the start of July. If the move falls through, I will most likely keep the clamp.

So if any UK guys want to ‘reserve’ my (possibly) spare clamp, drop me a pm, and I’ll keep you informed of how things pan out.

I’ve already been contacted regarding the above. If the taker sources one from elsewhere, I’ll offer it again.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Still the same today , no way to pre order the table mount.
I dont want to preorder my wheel base ,wheel and pedals then another seperate order for table mount thus paying for shipping twice.
Its a weird setup, im currently wheel-less and already facing 4 or 5 months wait for a wheel now i cant even push through a pre order, its incredibly frustrating,
Please address this issue fanatec.
We're working on it. Possible that it gets solved today, if not, it should be tomorrow.

Upvote 0
Is this the way it is now? Pre order every thing. Here have my £300 and then we know how many to make? I want to buy a product now not in 6 months!!
It is the way things are now. Every industry is struggling to keep up with demand while being on the verge of shutting down production because everything is so hard to get. We had a transformer pop on one of our machines at work, no transformers in the country.

If you want something right now you have to wait in a cue. If your OK with waiting, things will probably be much better next year. Or it could get much worse.

Upvote 0
So, anyone can now place an order, and from the looks of it, the wheel base will ship in November. For some stupid reason, I thought pre-ordering had a definite ending date. I'm not complaining, cause I got an order in fairly early. So right now, there appears to be a 5 month lead time between an order and getting the wheel. Maybe the wait time will decrease as production ramps up?

Upvote 0
Maybe the wait time will decrease as production ramps up?
Love your optimism :)
If history in any indicator odds are much higher that it will be delayed.

That is not meant as an insult to Fanatec, that is the entire market. I registered very early to be on the wait list for another racing sim product by another manufacturer that was supposed to drop this June. I'm still waiting for a notification. Technically they have 2 more days... However I was expecting this product to be released a year earlier. So if it comes out this year, I'll be happy.

I'm not suggesting this will be delayed nearly as long as the original DD wheelbases were, but I would adjust your expectations to consider yourself fortunate if they hit their estimated ship date.

Upvote 0
The previews of the base all seemed to be pretty positive about it in the sense the firmware and feel was just like a smaller podium so I am hopeful it is enough. I remain a little concern that 8nm is below the ideal 10-12nm that many seem to consider the sweet spot.

Upvote 0
Being that I never used anything capable of delivering 10-12Nm, I can't say that I'll be worried that the wheelbase cannot hit those numbers. As long as it punches harder than my current wheel (a Fanatec CSR) and provides enough details in the FFB, then it's just fine, at least; in my opinion. I don't know what a convert from a more powerful direct drive wheel would think about the 8Nm maximum. Price aside, why would someone drop a more powerful wheelbase for the CSL-DD?

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 296 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years