Anyone running this game triple screen with a single 780

Im curious to see if my 3gb gtx 780 sc could handle 2 more 1080p monitors. I found the same 28in monitor I have now locally for 50 bucks and another on ebay for 30 bucks with 2 days left and Im tempted to buy them. Anyone?

Funny you say that because that was my plan. It works out cheaper than 3 monitors. But when I saw this monitor for 50 bucks I thought why not
Yeah I know what you mean... and honestly $100 for other two monitors sounds a pretty fair deal. The added value from price/immersion would be absolutely worth it... but you know, with the Rift incoming pretty much those monitors will be sitting in your house dusting alone (unless you have a better use or you find someone willing to buy them).
So I'd upgrade maybe my other hardware with those extra bux (better pedals/shifter? A Buttkicker? :D)
Or, I'd use it to purchase something I like from R3E Store...
Or maybe just save 'em for later: Oculus will cost $100 less!

Yeah I know what you mean... and honestly $100 for other two monitors sounds a pretty fair deal. The added value from price/immersion would be absolutely worth it... but you know, with the Rift incoming pretty much those monitors will be sitting in your house dusting alone (unless you have a better use or you find someone willing to buy them).
So I'd upgrade maybe my other hardware with those extra bux (better pedals/shifter? A Buttkicker? :D)
Or, I'd use it to purchase something I like from R3E Store...
Or maybe just save 'em for later: Oculus will cost $100 less!
lol man its like youre in my head. I actually just bought 5000 vrps from the store lol. and I just got a racing seat to start building my rig in the basement. Maybe you have a point. My buddy wants to sell me his th8rs shifter for pretty cheap so maybe ill get that. He just made me a button box so dont need the bottons on the g27 shifter as much anymore. your advice makes sense. I might still get the monitor though because i can use it as a spare.

A gtx 780 should run it quit easily....I ran triples 24" with a gtx 670 2 gb and it was fine on max setting now I run a r9 290 4gb and have been considering going back to nvidia as Iam finding amd to be struggling a bit in newer racing titles....great in other genres

Last edited:
Hi,

I run triple 27's on a GTX770 with no problems at all. Works great on all titles (not tried pCars yet tho :cry:) so i reckon you should be ok (using my complete lack of computer knowledge, I just assume that since your card has a bigger number than mine it must be better?)

Its cheap, go for it !

I use 2 dvi's and a HDMI, with pretty much (give or take) top settings on most titles (maxed on GSC / v high on RRE - just low on shadows i think, cant quite remember) and max on RF2). Even ETS2 looks mint..

Sorry cant advise about the 680, if you search on google for a GPU league table and see where it rates, if its near the 770 you should, i would imagine, be alright?

EDIT - actually ones a DVI, ones HDMI and the other has some kind of DVI adapter. Its 1am now and im shattered. After work tomorrow i'll venture into the man cave and have a look and report back.
Cheers,

Paul

Might be best not to...I`m already hooked enough on this bloody sim thing to be considering new wheels, new pedals, a button box, shifters and God knows what. If I get a sniff that triple screen sim-driving is viable there might be a divorce on the cards :cool:

I'm running triple Qumi Q2 projectors on 46" screens off of an EVGA 780ti ACX. Runs great for me.
If the avatar of yours reflects your actual seat and cabinet with steering wheels... I don't wanna see your setup cause otherwise 99% I'm gonna throw myself down the trash chute screaming: I REFUSE (myself) TO LIVE WITHOUT A RIG LIKE THAT!!!

Oooooh, you gotta post a picture of your set up. I've thought about projectors for some time now. Must be super immersive.

If the avatar of yours reflects your actual seat and cabinet with steering wheels... I don't wanna see your setup cause otherwise 99% I'm gonna throw myself down the trash chute screaming: I REFUSE (myself) TO LIVE WITHOUT A RIG LIKE THAT!!!

I didn't want to derail the OP's thread, but thanks for the comments guys. I've only just stumbled upon Race Department, but Inside Sim Racing just did a feature on my setup. I hope the mods are okay with a link, but you can see my full rig, build progression, and thoughts here:

http://www.isrtv.com/sim-racing-chassis/sim-racing-chassis-showcase-switchface/

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years