Server name: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM CLUB
Track: Curitiba
Practice: 19:00 GMT (30 minutes)
Qualification: 19:30 GMT (10 minutes)
Warm-up: No Warm up
Race: 19:40 (2x25 minutes)
Password: click here

Signup List
To signup simply press the button below and chat away in the thread below :)
[signuplist]262[/signuplist]

1) Any, although as already mentioned due to the bug, Formula Extreme's should be excluded from multiplayer.........for now.
2) Once a week (guess what my vote was!!) on the weekend. This (in theory) will give plenty of notice ahead of the event for practising in the evenings or at the very least some practice during the day of the event! :O_o:
Personally, I don't like the idea of racing online with 'aids' available. I like to race without wondering if a fellow racer passed me under braking because of their talent or because of ABS, or accelerated quickly out of a corner due to traction control etc, etc...!!:ninja:
Instead I would like to see the usual format of 2 x 20min races; and keep the same car for maybe at least 2 weeks before moving on to another open wheeler. Also, have the session start with a 1 hour practice, to be able to chat, help and provide/discuss set-ups, (after-all these are not league events). Then a 15-20min qualy, then a 10min warmup with practice starts to be mandatory.
3) Please note, that my comments are in no way an indication of what I believe is wrong with any other race events. The format I have suggested is purely, as people have already commented on; is that these cars will 'bite back'...with a vengeance.!! By (hopefully) having a fully supported event will supply a learning/support 'base' for potential wannabee's, that in the past have given up trying to understand/tame these beasts due to lack of time! After all, driving around for hours on your own tweaking a setup is never as much fun as to drive and tweak a setup while talking, following or even chasing a fellow racer!!;)

Reactions: Tal
Previously I was kicked out of V8 race because there were so many premium members, now there were 4 drivers. What has happened?

Congrats Falk! Frustrated that my (first) lapse of concentration denied what could have been a close battle. Before that I thought there was a rolling start, got confused and didn't really challenge you on the first couple of corners. You were faster though. :thumbsup:

Congratulations to you and your wife, Andrew! Very sorry that I didn't make it to the race as I tried to catch up my sleep missed during this week and slept until about an hour ago - longer than planned:sleep: Hope to see you all soon in a race that I will hopefully make it to!

Reactions: Nox
I agree with mark on the idea of possibly using the same car two weeks in a row, as well as the idea that posting the formula cars with enough time in advance one could practice if wanted. I wouldn't personally like them ran every Saturday as soon that could be the only day I have to race online. (Of course I will be participating in the stock car league so if there are seperate races those days then never mind). Another thought would it be crazy to run some open wheel events with aids on and some off? Or maybe just encourage the faster guys to not use aids. I mean more along the lines that the faster folks all just choose to have aids off, not that it is forced.

I'm on the west coast and could be available or interested after 21:00 est or 22:00 est on weekdays. I have been racing with current club races but my schedule is less flexible nowadays. I should be able to join some races here and there if there is more US friendly time. It would be great if more people join in because of this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 344 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 232 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 231 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 7.9%