Anyone NOT playing in widescreen?

I long ago gave up on playing non widescreen games in widescreen.
In the era of 4k widescreen, I sit here totally happy playing GTR2 and a bunch of other games on a good old 19 inch 1280x1024! lol

Am I the only one left on this planet doing something like this?

Are you playing on a CRT? I've heard good things about CRTs for gaming, lately.

I do run widescreen with GTR2, the Steam version, 1.1 patch, etc. all give me widescreen resolutions right out of the box.

You can't access widescreen resolutions with your GTR2?

Are you playing on a CRT? I've heard good things about CRTs for gaming, lately.

I do run widescreen with GTR2, the Steam version, 1.1 patch, etc. all give me widescreen resolutions right out of the box.

You can't access widescreen resolutions with your GTR2?

I can access widescreen resolutions and I do also have a widescreen monitor. I just don't use the widescreen monitor for any old games that were made for non widescreen or developed more with non widescreen in mind.

I'm using a LCD. Use it for a bunch of old games. Everything looks as it should. I use widescreen for modern games that were intended for widescreen.

While 4:3 displays was the norm end of 2006 when gtr2 was released it is no way developed soly for none wide screens.

I think you are handicapping yourself driving wise by not using a widescreen for gtr2 when you got one.
It is so much easier to find the line through corners with a wiser display mode.
You do have to move the seat back to enjoy 21:9 at least but that option is a easy edit.
Or use Gtr233 10y patch as it is already made for you.

I use a 34" Ultrawide 21:9 and no way I would go to even 16:9.
Often run gtr2 and GTL in my VR headset just to get the wider FOV.

While 4:3 displays was the norm end of 2006 when gtr2 was released it is no way developed soly for none wide screens.

I think you are handicapping yourself driving wise by not using a widescreen for gtr2 when you got one.
It is so much easier to find the line through corners with a wiser display mode.
You do have to move the seat back to enjoy 21:9 at least but that option is a easy edit.
Or use Gtr233 10y patch as it is already made for you.

I use a 34" Ultrawide 21:9 and no way I would go to even 16:9.
Often run gtr2 and GTL in my VR headset just to get the wider FOV.

I have used widescreen on GTR2 for most of my GTR2 playing days. After a break a while ago, when I came back I decided to put it on the non widescreen monitor. Never did a direct comparison but seemed to like it more without widescreen. I'll do a proper comparison at some point widescreen vs non widescreen and see what comes of it.

Same as Bjarne ... I also use a 34" 21/9 ( curved ) for all sims, GTR2 included.... even adding the TrackIR to it.
The reasons are the same also ... better view to corners and apex.

Just a little problem for some classes pictures when using mods ... but that's only in menus.
On track ... no single problem.

But, finally, that's your choice ... it's just a question of ... personal taste. ;)

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back