Anyone moving to AMD Powerful Radeon RX 6000 Series Big Navi ?

I considered my track cars to be toys;
my Assetto Corsa rig is just a cheaper, safer and more convenient toy.
"There are toys... and then there are training devices we all enjoy"
While I enjoy racing simulation, I do not consider them toys.
Do I have fun with them? ...YES.
My simracing simulations are as beneficial to car handling as the $10m simulator I maintain for flight training.

Last edited:
Finally managed to snag a 6800XT! Specifically this one NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT SE 16G GDDR6 (sapphiretech.com)

I ordered a RTX 3080 3 mins after they went live on overclockers but it was obvious I would have to wait months for stock, so cancelled the order and thought I'd try team red after the relative benchmarks came out. The 6800XT stock situation was even worse so gave up hope of that and didn't expect to get a 5900X CPU either. However, I registered for stock update via Stock Informer. I managed to secure a 5900X just before Christmas from Curry's and now after months of getting stock notifications for RTX's 3080's but never managing to secure one, the first time I get a stock notification for a 6800XT and I hit the jackpot from Overclockers! Should arrive Monday or Tuesday and can't wait to see the benefits in the Reverb G2.

Finally managed to snag a 6800XT! Specifically this one NITRO+ AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT SE 16G GDDR6 (sapphiretech.com)

I ordered a RTX 3080 3 mins after they went live on overclockers but it was obvious I would have to wait months for stock, so cancelled the order and thought I'd try team red after the relative benchmarks came out. The 6800XT stock situation was even worse so gave up hope of that and didn't expect to get a 5900X CPU either. However, I registered for stock update via Stock Informer. I managed to secure a 5900X just before Christmas from Curry's and now after months of getting stock notifications for RTX's 3080's but never managing to secure one, the first time I get a stock notification for a 6800XT and I hit the jackpot from Overclockers! Should arrive Monday or Tuesday and can't wait to see the benefits in the Reverb G2.
I'm eagerly looking forward to your report on VR with this card.
That GPU is the one I was most looking forward to purchasing despite it being a tad slower than the RTX3080.
I wanted it for the additional VRAM and rasterization performance.
I usually had most settings turned up to maximum in WMR on simracing titles with my previous GTX1080Ti.
That proved to be a great experience, so the additional performance and capability of this card should prove more than sufficient.
Enjoy the card.

I'm eagerly looking forward to your report on VR with this card.
That GPU is the one I was most looking forward to purchasing despite it being a tad slower than the RTX3080.
I wanted it for the additional VRAM and rasterization performance.
I usually had most settings turned up to maximum in WMR on simracing titles with my previous GTX1080Ti.
That proved to be a great experience, so the additional performance and capability of this card should prove more than sufficient.
Enjoy the card.
Haven't tried it in VR yet. Been putting the card through its paces and trying to get the most stable overclock I can first. I'm 300 points away from breaking a 20,000 GPU score on Time Spy which is a 28% improvement over the 2080Ti so it's looking very promising.

Also such is the state of the GPU market at the moment I've just sold my 2080Ti on eBay yesterday for £750, so the 6800 XT and that 28% improvement has actually cost me very little.

Last edited:
I have a 6900XT on its way. Replacing a 2080Ti.

First AMD GPU ever.
Great card, Congrats on your purchase. You wont be disappointed. I too went from a 2080ti to a 6900xt. I ended up returning and getting a 3090 but not because it was bad. I already had a gsync monitor and play a few games that utilize raytracing so the 3090 worked better for me. The 6900xt looked way better in my case though. I had the Powercolor red devil. Beautiful card

Great card, Congrats on your purchase. You wont be disappointed. I too went from a 2080ti to a 6900xt. I ended up returning and getting a 3090 but not because it was bad. I already had a gsync monitor and play a few games that utilize raytracing so the 3090 worked better for me. The 6900xt looked way better in my case though. I had the Powercolor red devil. Beautiful card

Good to know. I couldnt justify the 3090. Out here is is another $1000

Samsung 49" CRG90. Oculus Rift S.

Cool. Will be interested to hear how you get on with both of those in sim titles. From what I understand it might not give you much performance boost over the 2080ti in ACC with the 49inch monitor that you might expect, which is more to do with AMD drivers optimisation with Unreal engine than anything else. But will be a step up in all other titles. It should also be excellent with the Rift S in everything.

Its a completely different beast to the 3080 and 3090 excelling at 1440p resolutions instead of 4k (not that its bad at it at all), just as long as your aware of its strengths and weaknesses you won't be dissapointed.

Both AMD and Nvidia acted really badly toward retail consumers where these new cards are concerned.
This was... and never will be about pleasing everyday consumers.
For U.S users, tariffs meant it was more profitable to sell them directly and in bulk to commercial operators outside of America.
I went through my garage and sold a bunch of stuff I no longer used on eBay.
That money initially sat in a Paypal account to purchase either a 6800XT or an RTX3080 on release.
Sadly, either of those purchases ever happened and it was all due to false advertising on both the part of Nvidia and AMD.
Does anybody wonder why the absolute high-end GPUs (6900XT and RTX3090) which require perfect dies during production are available...though at wildly exaggerated prices and everything else is not?

Both AMD and Nvidia acted really badly toward retail consumers where these new cards are concerned.
The problem is they can pretty much do what they like, especially Nvidia because there isn't really an alternative people can use. We just have to live with whatever Nvidia decides is best. AMD isn't even a real alternative to Nvidia yet.

It's a monopoly and I don't see that changing until AMD can produce a better card than Nvidia and still be cheaper. Or more manufacturers enter the market (better and cheaper, matching Nvidia won't be enough) which is even more unlikely.

Does anybody wonder why the absolute high-end GPUs (6900XT and RTX3090) which require perfect dies during production are available...though at wildly exaggerated prices and everything else is not

It's frustrating but I don't think it's a conspiracy. 3090 and 6900xt are the cards miners don't really find profitable seeing as you can (or could) get two 3080s for one 3090, majority of people aren't going to or be able to afford them either, so more likely you can find one as an end consumer that's all it means.
I dont think for a second they are making more of these flagship cards over the 3080 and 6800xts thats just not how silicone binning works. We just are not seeing the cards everyone wants as miners are getting them before the consumer market, as well as prioritising oem builders over the diy market.

I feel this situation isn't going to change until etherieum price drops back down that's the elephant in the room. Coupled with the fact China isn't shipping anything much at the moment either.

Also everyone is on holiday in China right now for their New year celebrations, so nothing is being made in February anyway. Stockdrops Discord has been dead for a couple of weeks now.

We just have to live with whatever Nvidia decides is best. AMD isn't even a real alternative to Nvidia yet.

I agree in sprit in terms of being absolute equals, but kinda disagree with this statement. They have good cards now absolutely worth getting, especially if you just game and nothing else. The problem is their supply is woeful next to Nvidia and getting one at or near the msrp. AIB partners have inflated these costs massively which is a real shame as well. Its kinda killed this generation for them, not for technical reasons.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back