Anyone know the pinouts on Podium Hub sockets? Want to diy button clusters for my new wheel

(...whenever Fanatec gets around to shipping my hub that is >_>)

The hub supports 10 buttons/2 axes and has what look like JST 1.25mm sockets on its board for accessories. Two of the sockets are for the CS Hub button Cluster add ons (3 buttons each) and two are for the Podium paddles (2 buttons and an axis each).

There is another plug for USB3 data that I'm not bothering with since it needs to connect to a special chip so I'm focusing on the 4 sockets for the button clusters/paddle modules since they have direct wiring.
Does anyone know the actual pinout of these sockets or know where the documentation for it is? Already searched around rtfm etc so hope I missed something or the community already has this worked out.

47961211463_b34f1f45ac_b.jpg

I have a decent multimeter but if the information is already out there would rather not reverse engineer this

Here's the answer I got on the fanatec owners facebook group:

The pin on the left circled in red is ground. Common for all buttons. The other three pins are signal for each button. JST ZH 1.5MM 4 Pin Female connectors will fit when modified a little bit.
1593367583963.png

Upvote 0
Here's the answer I got on the fanatec owners facebook group:

The pin on the left circled in red is ground. Common for all buttons. The other three pins are signal for each button. JST ZH 1.5MM 4 Pin Female connectors will fit when modified a little bit.

Awesome, thanks, ordering some JST 1.5 plugs now seeing as the 1.25 stuff I have around isn't gonna work.. Guess I can use the known ground pin to at least track down the other ones in the 3 other sockets. Adding another piece to the puzzle I got this pic from Simon at SRM showing the pins the paddles go on in the 6 pin sockets

5fkA7mE.jpg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.2%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 113 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 293 27.6%