Anyone interested in some casual iRacing RD club racing?

I like iRacing, a LOT, and I like RD, even more! So I'd love to combine the two, but knowing how much time and effort that goes into running things in this community club racing I thought it'd be wise to gauge the interest for some casual RD club racing in iRacing?

I would be interested, but....

I actually just signed up again only because I am able to race earliest at 22:00 CET and with all the other platforms I was not able to find races I can join, so would be the same for this.
I was pleasantly surprised by the progress iRacing made! No uncontrolled spinning at low speed anymore (only tried 2 cars yet though)

I'd gladly support this but being in North America working a 4x4 shift work at nights makes it very difficult to commit to any series or races unless they fall on days off and after 9 pm Mt.
The main reason I got back into iracing was it's anytime drop in and not mention it's latest updates have really made this game fun.

definitely in if timeslots and content fit. was around the last time we tried a series here at rd, participation was quite low then. hope this works better. my idea would be to use a ride that is easy to get into (d-licence) and very popular: the skip barber formula ford. best choice imo for casual meets.

Yeah that was my thinking as well, start with something free (first fix is free), then go on to something heavier when people are addicted... :p
I mean, the GT3 series is a very popular series in just about every sim, and considering that you only need to own one car from the series to participate, and you don't need to have license to drive it either since it's a hosted session.
But I suspect the participation will be scarce, people interested in iRacing just go about racing on iRacing instead of having to have to deal with sigining up and being there on time etc, that combined with difference in time zones.
But if we somehow could manage to get a grid of 8-10+ people for a race I reckon it could be great fun.

I'm interested.

I run iRacing almost every night for the same reasons that David Slute mentioned. Hey Dave. I am interested in joining in any RD hosted sessions that get organized. I am generally available to race late nights but I am in the NA Eastern Time Zone. I believe it is GMT -5 hours. CMT +1 hour and Pacific time +3 hours. To make it simple: I get on usually at 11pm my time, 10pm CMT and 8pm Pacific. I sometimes join in on official events during the day but they would have to be events on the weekend or something that finished up by 2pm (my time).

Is anyone interested in running an iRacing Team event with me. I was thinking in the GT3 class (the BMW Z4). I own almost all of the road racing circuits - minus Suzuka (this is my next purchase once the participation credits kick in), Indianapolis, Motegi and maybe one other. I am not very fast but I can usually keep it clean and stay out of trouble. Anyone interested send can send me a PM.

This week I'm going to be busy as I'm setting up a hot lap competition at work for our quarterly team building event using my rig, but I'll start by throwing up a vote or two sometime this week to figure out what to run and when, or maybe I'll just decide as I guess getting a majority vote with this few people might prove difficult ^^

Give it a year and we should have some more people to make this happen. The problem would be hosting the races as it costs per session so I dont know how we would do that...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 97 7.8%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 176 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 352 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 490 39.2%