Anyone interested in some casual iRacing RD club racing?

I like iRacing, a LOT, and I like RD, even more! So I'd love to combine the two, but knowing how much time and effort that goes into running things in this community club racing I thought it'd be wise to gauge the interest for some casual RD club racing in iRacing?

Give it a year and we should have some more people to make this happen. The problem would be hosting the races as it costs per session so I dont know how we would do that...

We don't need a host, per se..
We could just take over a set time slot in an official session. That's what some of the guys who drive the Lotus 49 do in the "Tasman Revival Series". The only tricky part will be choosing something within the iRacing schedule that will appeal to everyone.

Some of the official series have strange combinations of cars but, guess what...? There is nothing no rule that says we can't all choose to drive one particular car. Example: we could all choose to drive one car from a MC series like the "iRacing Global Challenge". We could run a Cadillac or KIA only race. See what I mean?

I also would like to see;
Star Mazdas at Road America
Solstice at Bathurst
Mazdas at Jefferson
GT3, SS and HPD at Jefferson cause why not
Star Mazda, F1, Skippy, Lotus 79 and SRF at Spa if we had a lot of people
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
F1 at Spa
I think you get the picture...

I'd be interested as well! I just started with iRacing so I don't have anything beyond the free stuff, but once Season 2 is underway, I'll be invested in more content and wouldn't mind buying even more to race with RD folks.

Of course, as others have already said - finding the right time will be challenging. Typically, during the week I can do 1800GMT through 2230GMT and weekends I can probably be more flexible, trying to race later my time (PST, GMT-8) without waking up my family.

I am definitely interested. Like Fritz, I don't have anything outside of the "free" stuff right now as I have just joined but wouldn't mind buying more to facilitate things.

Like many others the only issue is time zone related. 21:30GMT - 02:00GMT and weekends wuld work form me.

I am also interested, I am participating in many series now, always with class cars dy rather slow as the pontiac mazda soltice or because I do not like gts.
It is also a good car the skip barber, although there too participation and careers are very competitive a race here among us to skip barber would really fantastic.
Greetings.

I am also also interested, and would put in the silent request to focus on iRacing sessions with cars that are not raced that much often, such as the KIA or the Radical, as well as some oval series running (since ovals are actually quite fun and are not really played much at RaceDepartment, and the D class series aren't actually played that much in my timezone - Whilst the C series fixed trucks evidently are). My suggestion would also be to plan with the iRacing seasons, and plan in such a way that one does not need to buy more then a few pieces of content.

I would be interested on any day but Tuesday. I am in another league which races V8SC that day, so I don't race anything else that day because the V8SC demands a lot of practice.

I have every track and car so anything is fine with me. I am available to race Wed - Sat 5:00pm to 10:00pm EST (GMT -4). Sunday and Monday I am off, but so is my wife so I have variable availability those 2 days.

Maybe we should work out a time friday or saturday nights. This gives Aussie people like me a chance to race in the morning saturday or sunday. Any thoughts on this?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back