anyone hosting or racing tonight?

Awful race for me. Qualied 6th but moved up to 4th after the first few laps. Then I made a mistake at turn 3, leaning on the brakes a hair too much and half spun into the grass, dropped to 9th. But had fun chasing people down moving up to 6th with some good overtakes on the front straight. Sadly im not used to pit strategy and added more fuel than needed as well it wanted to repair some tiny damage I had occured, leaving me in the pits for almost 40 secs. I had a strong pace in the end to match the leaders, but 40 mins flew by and finished 9th. I guess this will be my learning season with the Blancpain Sprint Series.

At least I had success with GT1 with a good close win at Spa.

Much better performance in tonights race despite where I finished. Qualied 2nd and had a strong pace to stay with leader. Did pitstop but again took on more fuel than needed and couldnt figure out how to not take new tires, since I didnt need them, cost me another 20 or secs to the pitstop. Other than that it was a clean race into 6th. Keep on learning.

@James Nance, what wheel are you using? You're driving the McLaren, right?
Im using the T300, pretty darn good with iR. Nah, im driving the BMW thus why I posted a setup for it in the forum, as well the Aston Martin.
I really need to get in a few leagues or something that had dedicated night and time. anyone in here in any leagues that are taking new people?
I know a guy who is forming an F1 Mclaren fun league in January, if your interested in that, its nothing too crazy. Races are planned for Monday nights.

Im using the T300, pretty darn good with iR. Nah, im driving the BMW thus why I posted a setup for it in the forum, as well the Aston Martin.

I like your race recaps, thanks - wasn't sure this one was in GT3 or GT1. With your pace, kinda wished you were racing the McLaren. Tried your Qualy setup with the Bimmer and couldn't keep the back end in place! :) It was a hot track (my excuse) so my time was nowhere near your time but I was thankful to get around at least once without crashing! You are a much better driver.

...btw, I set up my pit at the grid - deselect the tire change (check mark under the pressure). I'm sure you know but the Sprint races never need a tire change and very little fuel. I've been a little too aggressive and barely coasted to the finish once - after losing six spots... Nothing like sweating out the last few laps tho!

I like your race recaps, thanks - wasn't sure this one was in GT3 or GT1. With your pace, kinda wished you were racing the McLaren. Tried your Qualy setup with the Bimmer and couldn't keep the back end in place! :) It was a hot track (my excuse) so my time was nowhere near your time but I was thankful to get around at least once without crashing! You are a much better driver.

...btw, I set up my pit at the grid - deselect the tire change (check mark under the pressure). I'm sure you know but the Sprint races never need a tire change and very little fuel. I've been a little too aggressive and barely coasted to the finish once - after losing six spots... Nothing like sweating out the last few laps tho!
Maybe I can dabble in the Mclaren and see what I can do. Im not really a setup guru, I just take other peoples setups and update them to current standards and to suit my driving style. The BMW set was a bit on the edge of comfort for some, but I always advise to add a click of wing and a few more clicks of front brake bias to make it more approachable. Before the BMW came along I was always driving the Mclaren, but ive become a lover of the BMW Z4 in all the sims to race it in iR.

Yeah I figured they don't require much fuel and tires, but I don't know what button to press to uncheck the tires, this has cost me many positions in both races, but I think I found out what it is now. Not used to the pitstops in iRacing, much to learn I see.

I loved the Z4 too - but wanted to try something new (to me) this season so chose the McLaren. Was going to try the FGT but maybe next season. ...then again, the Audi is coming and something else too (hoping for a proper Porsche).

Doing my best to dial out the understeer in the car. Seems to drag its front feet a lot, and then it snaps oversteer. Softening the dampers a lot too just so the slightest bump does upset the car into oblivion. I may be approaching it all wrong, so if you to dabble I'd love to hear your thoughts. I'm currently practicing Seca and am about 2 seconds off the lead pace - which is where I usually am, if not more so.

If either of you guys ever wants a spotter let me know. I also run the McLaren and feel the same as you Fritz. I get it to turn in fine but the it pushes on exit. James, do you have the F1 rim for your t300?

Snappy are you using the Formula rim with the McLaren? I am - for the immersion/reality and am wondering if I'm just not used to it and am too sharp with the inputs. When trying James' setup with the BMW, I used the BMW rim and it felt like driving a bus - but much easier to be precise.

I'll have to check my spotter settings but I think they are open. Always good to have an extra set of eyes as I don't have triples and without the center mirror it is difficult to see what is going on around me.

Snappy are you using the Formula rim with the McLaren? I am - for the immersion/reality and am wondering if I'm just not used to it and am too sharp with the inputs. When trying James' setup with the BMW, I used the BMW rim and it felt like driving a bus - but much easier to be precise.

I'll have to check my spotter settings but I think they are open. Always good to have an extra set of eyes as I don't have triples and without the center mirror it is difficult to see what is going on around me.
Yeah Fritz, I am driving the McLaren and using the formula rim. More buttons!:laugh:

We'll have to get in a practice session together and talk about settings and set-ups. I don't have great pace at all. At this point I am trying to get used to the cars and finish the race.

Definitely! Got into a session last night at Seca and was able to get a 24.0 with the fast guys hitting 22.6+ so I felt good about it. Still pushing a bunch and having trouble with T6 - which of course is a pretty important one but right now just trying to find consistency for a race distance.

If either of you guys ever wants a spotter let me know. I also run the McLaren and feel the same as you Fritz. I get it to turn in fine but the it pushes on exit. James, do you have the F1 rim for your t300?
Nah im using the stock wheel rim, but im likely to get the F1 rim soon, maybe a Christmas surprise.
So far I seem to be on a good pace for the GT1 cars at Nurburgring, so ill likely race that in next days. I havnt taken the time to get familiarized back with Laguna in iR, but if my past serves me right, it was one of my strongest tracks.

Tomorrow ill try to mess with the BSS, lack of sleep is getting to me.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back