Anyone here got the recent OSW SW7C+, SW10C+, SW12C+ ?

Cosimo

Premium
These motors are rated at 7/10/12Nm peak torque. I'm wondering if that's too little, or where's the sweet spot. If you got one of those, leave a comment below. Thanks,

My concern is what if Simplicity will stop updating the software maybe in a few years. I would be much more convinced and would have most likely already bought the 10+ or 12+ if the software would be open source like Simucube.

Also i am not a friend of scheduled personal telephone sessions for installing the software for which I would have to make an appointment. I'm also not very good at speaking English, i prefer writing.

For this reasons i will probably buy SimuCube in January.
I dont think that they will stop support for the software and the 1 hour sessions for the first setup are now optional - you receive all drivers and firmware in the email.:)

Upvote 0
It is much much better...just you gotta play with settings for the different games to start to see where is better to use which numbers...

Agreed, might be time to start sharing some settings on this thread, i have limited time to play so tinkering with settings is not high on my priorities list when it already feels good.

Upvote 0
I run everything at the stock settings . Only thing I did was turn down the forcelevel from 10 to 8 and increase to detail boost to 4.
Perfectly happy with these settings running rF2 and Sebring, don’t feel like tinkering....

Upvote 0
I don't like it. It feels more rough in a strange way.

I tried to move the sliders in order to get back to the previous feeling without success.
It looks like they have no effects.

Upvote 0
So it seems to be obvious that there has still to be done some work in terms of software/firmware. For me a good reason not to buy yet or to buy the simucube if i am getting impatient.

Upvote 0
In my opinion they all work in the same way. You probably can get the same behaviour with a simucube by playing with parameters.
All in all i prefer just a few parameters but a good pilot/driver for each game.

Ollie should improve R3E pilot. I can't feel now the rumble of the ABS when i'm breaking. I think that he solved a big issue but we lost a lot of details.

By the way i just went back to the previous firmware. 8.10

Last edited:
Upvote 0
In my opinion they all work in the same way. You probably can get the same behaviour with a simucube by playing with parameters.
All in all i prefer just a few parameters but a good pilot/driver for each game.

Ollie should improve R3E pilot. I can't feel now the rumble of the ABS when i'm breaking. I think that he solved a big issue but we lost a lot of details.

By the wy i just go back to the previous firmware. 8.10
When you return the 18.10 - do you lose the new control panel with the new functions?

Upvote 0
hey guys,
just ordered my sw12c+, bought a fanny converter and a bmw gt2 rim. not alot of reviews about the 12nm about. any stories you can tell me about it? good and bad.

Upvote 0
hey guys,
just ordered my sw12c+, bought a fanny converter and a bmw gt2 rim. not alot of reviews about the 12nm about. any stories you can tell me about it? good and bad.

I think you'll be very happy. I have a 10C+ and love it. It takes a while to get things dialed into your personal preference. But the default settings are amazing. Some generic recommendations I'd make about settings.
-Keep your detail slider low... I like 4.5. But I'd recommend staying under 7 and over 2. Too high can do odd things, in my experience. Too low and you miss some texture at the low end.
-Keep your torque high, I have mine at the max. Then adjust ffb in your game software.
-Keep everything else at default and see how things feel. Adjust slowly from there as needed.
I bought mine early, so some of the early firmware versions needed some work at that point. Current firmware is awesome. My previous wheel was a G27. The 10C's detail and texture is really next level stuff. It's why people love Direct Drive wheels. Enjoy!

Upvote 0
hey guys,

Hey. How's the sw12c+?. I'm a sw12 owner. I left some thoughts on it here (paulcharv) if you haven't read them:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ries-direct-drive-wheels-thread.377350/page-7

As an update to that, the heat definitely seems reduced with the last couple of updates. I also wasn't happy with the small amount of flex from the supplied universal mount and my old Obutto rig. I was planning on upgrading my rig anyway, so I bought a the GT2 rig from Sim-Lab. With some wood and crude DIY skills I mounted the motor to it, so it's now rock-steady.

Overall I'm still delighted with the sw12c and am having a lot of fun with it. Like I said, I can't compare it with the Clubsport or other DD wheels, but for what I paid, I'm really happy.

Upvote 0
Hey. How's the sw12c+?. I'm a sw12 owner. I left some thoughts on it here (paulcharv) if you haven't read them

still not arrived as I was to mean to spend £80 to get it shipped quicker, another 2 weeks to go :(
its killing me lol

also, cant seem to find mounting measurments anywhere, can anyone on here point me in the right direction? i have a simetik k2, hopefully it will bolt straight on?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
If there would have been more information and YT-reviews I might have decided to buy a compact Simplicity DD. But now I have bought a 20Nm Simucube one week ago and I am happy with it.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back