Anyone have the RSeat RS-1 rig?

As the title..

I will buy one but I have a question, can a Sparco or OMP seat be fitted in the original (rseat) brackets?
Cant understand, and I dont get a "real" answer from rseat.

• Deleted member 197115

As the title..

I will buy one but I have a question, can a Sparco or OMP seat be fitted in the original (rseat) brackets?
Cant understand, and I dont get a "real" answer from rseat.
The mount is standard, as long as they are under 450mm at the mounting point
http://rseatamerica.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=100
The Seat
  • RS1 will fit racing bucket seats with maximum width of 450mm (17.71 inch)
  • The mounting holes dimensions are standard 287.5mm (11.319 inch)

Upvote 0
The mount is standard, as long as they are under 450mm at the mounting point
http://rseatamerica.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=59&product_id=100
The Seat
  • RS1 will fit racing bucket seats with maximum width of 450mm (17.71 inch)
  • The mounting holes dimensions are standard 287.5mm (11.319 inch)

Yes but is the space between the brackets 450mm or can it be smaller like 390mm??

Most of the Sparco seats are about 390mm wide and in front around 470-510mm and in the back around 400mm..

Is the brackets movable so it can be tighter then??

Upvote 0
I have an Rseat RS1.

The Rseat seat brackets are not adjustable (and anyway, this would help for using a larger seat, not a smaller one). Adjustment possiblities are very limited for the seat mount so it is better to get a seat that matches the rig requirements.

The default seat is not really expensive (i think you only reduce the price by 100 euros if you choose the frame only version), I think it is the best option for the RS1. My feeling is that this rig has not really been developped to be used with other seats than the default one. The frame only version appeared on the webshops "as such" because there was a demand but it does not offer the necessary adjustability.
rs1-frame-black-shifter.jpg

rseat-rs1-frame-only-seat-dimension.jpg

Upvote 0
I have an Rseat RS1.

The Rseat seat brackets are not adjustable (and anyway, this would help for using a larger seat, not a smaller one). Adjustment possiblities are very limited for the seat mount so it is better to get a seat that matches the rig requirements.

The default seat is not really expensive (i think you only reduce the price by 100 euros if you choose the frame only version), I think it is the best option for the RS1. My feeling is that this rig has not really been developped to be used with other seats than the default one. The frame only version appeared on the webshops "as such" because there was a demand but it does not offer the necessary adjustability.
rs1-frame-black-shifter.jpg

rseat-rs1-frame-only-seat-dimension.jpg

Yes okey, we will see how I do with this? Can you replace the rseat brackets with other brackets or how does it look? Want to use my old Sparco pro adv seat. :)

Upvote 0
Yes okey, we will see how I do with this? Can you replace the rseat brackets with other brackets or how does it look? Want to use my old Sparco pro adv seat. :)

I will measure the psace between the brackets tonight. 450 seems a lot. I am wondering if this is a max value.

Yes, you can replace the brackets but I do not think that will help using a smaller seat. Adjustable brackets will only allow enlarging the base. In addition, the shifter support is mounted on those brackets so this would be an issue if you plan to use one. See the picture below:

rseat-rs1-noir-baquet-noir-siege-de-simulation-play-seat-d-box.jpg

Upvote 0
I will measure the psace between the brackets tonight. 450 seems a lot. I am wondering if this is a max value.

Yes, you can replace the brackets but I do not think that will help using a smaller seat. Adjustable brackets will only allow enlarging the base. In addition, the shifter support is mounted on those brackets so this would be an issue if you plan to use one. See the picture below:

rseat-rs1-noir-baquet-noir-siege-de-simulation-play-seat-d-box.jpg

Okey! Please measure the max-space between the brackets. Would be very kind if you could help me.
As you said, I would like to use the rseat brackets so I can use the gear-shifter plate.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 323 27.7%
  • 100% offline racing