Physics Anyone have the realistic F1 1990's qualifyers?

I've been playing around with RSS F1 1990, their tyres seems almost perfect. But they seem like 1 second slow, when I was testing with 1990's and 1994 qualifying laps. I tested like 3 tracks, Imola, Jerez, and Aida, its always with in 600ms to 1500ms. Anyone know how to add more grip?, I've tested ACFL 1994 MOD tyres, their so grippy that you don't need the down-force. Thats unrealistic.

Last edited:
To date there's not a single good F1 car in any commercial sim.

Fair enough, but we can always strive for perfection. I think data is what is needed, then it should moved over to a simulator so it can replicate the data. At this moment, I'm not even sure of the data, down-force or the tires. Qualifying laps is good data extraction, but more car data is needed, like downforce of the rear wing on the lap and front etc. But it's no where to be be found on the internet, no engine torque graph's either. I'm sure it's all stored in some vault at Mclaren, Williams, etc.

Fair enough, but we can always strive for perfection. I think data is what is needed, then it should moved over to a simulator so it can replicate the data. At this moment, I'm not even sure of the data, down-force or the tires. Qualifying laps is good data extraction, but more car data is needed, like downforce of the rear wing on the lap and front etc. But it's no where to be be found on the internet, no engine torque graph's either. I'm sure it's all stored in some vault at Mclaren, Williams, etc.
Telemetry's almost useless without some mechanical and aero data to go with it, of which there is none. **** outta luck.

Well, adding to the above, an F1 car suffers changes along along a season, and most of the tracks with old F1 layouts for AC are dodgy to say the least. Given how inaccurate old RF converted tracks can be, matching lap times makes it even a worse measure to check the accuracy of a car.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back