Anyone had this?

My Game Stock Car Extreme has seemingly died. I click on the icon, the little rotating 'I'm working on it' circle appears, and then nothing. No sign that it will ever load. I have tried running it from the folders within the C drive, from the desktop shortcut and from the start up menu. Nothing. I have tried running as administrator and this doesn't work either.

Worryingly, I have reinstalled it and the same thing is happening.

Interestingly if I right click on the shortcut icon, and try to use the 'test compatibility' option it seems to want to test for Windows XP, when in fact I am running Windows 7.

Other programs work fine, such as netkarpro, virtual pool 4 and truck simulator.

I recently downloaded Steam and Raceroom Experience and thinking these may have caused the issue, have since uninstalled them, which of course has made no difference.

I have switched off the PC and come to type this in an effort to calm down before I am tempted to throw something very hard at the wall, like that mad German kid on Youtube.

I have backed up all my tracks and cars, but I won't be able to use them if I can't get the sodding program to work! Please help..

This is what I would try first:
1)switch off your Antivirus - completely off, make sure there is no way it can do anything.
2) try game again.

If that doesn't work:
1)Antivirus still off - completely off, make sure there is no way it can do anything.
2)runGSC sync.
3) with the AV still OFF, try starting the game again.

My specs are as follows:
Intel core i7 3770K OEM over clocked by 20%
Two video cards 2gb each nvidia GTX 670 both running in SLI
Gigabyte Z77X-D3H DDR3 SATA3 USB3 motherboard
16 GB RAM
950w PSU
Lots of water cooled fans
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
SSD 120GB and HDD 2TB

I am running triple screens and all usually works dandy. Until today.

I forgot to mention I have ran gsync also to no avail.

All points to something changing in your system, or even the game installation itself causing it to stop working. Have you installed a new antivirus or similar software, or a third-party mod that could have broken something?

ok, what else?

1) Is this a new install or have you run it successfully before?

2 have you installed any mods?

3 have you edited any of files (track, car, rfm, any at all)?

EDIT: sorry I posted same time as reiza :)

The one that won't load is a new install. It is doing exactly as the old one did.
Yes, I have many mods, tracks, cars etc, but I have backed them up and they won't feature in the new install until (and if) I get it working. Every time I download a mod it has been edited for better LOD and correct track names etc.

It happened after installing a 3rd party mod. It didn't work properly and when I tried to shut down GSCE to delete that mod all hell broke loose. I have since deleted the mod.

I downloaded Steam and a couple of games, but have since deleted those also.

OK, but logically, even though you have done a new install, something must still exist for the problem to still exist.
I presume you have installed in the same location?
Can I suggest, take a look in the userdata folder, and see if your player folder is is still in there. If it is, move it out onto your desktop (don't just copy it, you need to get the whole folder out of the game folder completely).

Now try starting the game again.

OK, but logically, even though you have done a new install, something must still exist for the problem to still exist.
I presume you have installed in the same location?
Can I suggest, take a look in the userdata folder, and see if your player folder is is still in there. If it is, move it out onto your desktop (don't just copy it, you need to get the whole folder out of the game folder completely).

Now try starting the game again.
My player folder was still there, so I cut and pasted it onto my desktop but alas, without it, it still won't load...

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 414 39.9%