Anyone Excited about IndyCar?

Being in Brisbane I watch the indy races on Stan.

Thanks never knew they had IndyCar and Trans Am
Don't want any of those, I end up box head , can't help myself. :p
Had Kayo for 2 months ( F1, V8, MotoGP, WSBK ) spent too much time on it.
Rather pay for fast connection and VPN nothing you can't get, you just have to wait.

P.S. The other reason I cancelled Kayo was I can't use NordVPN.

Last edited:
I got excited about this livery! ...

racefansdotnet-2023-04-14_1717172.jpg

I'm excited every time I watch IndyCar Diffey tells me who won Nascar, Motocross and anything else with a Aussie. My bad watch it last.

At least say turn your sound down before you blurt it out.

Last edited:
Haha the indy commentators can be over enthusiastic- better than Fl complainenators...

The last 15 laps of the latest indycar race had more suspense than the last 15 Fl races!

I have tried to get into INDYCAR but it makes me want to chainge the channel after 10 minuetes. I have always been a F1 guy and NASCAR to. Aparentley the NASCAR CUP series claims it is the bigest racing in America. INDYCAR has always been politically driven to the point it has become a spec series and spec racing is to me dull.

I have tried to get into INDYCAR but it makes me want to chainge the channel after 10 minuetes. I have always been a F1 guy and NASCAR to. Aparentley the NASCAR CUP series claims it is the bigest racing in America. INDYCAR has always been politically driven to the point it has become a spec series and spec racing is to me dull.
Unfortunately, those are the feelings I am getting this year with F1. First 2 laps and I am bored. The Max demonstration run’s don’t interest me.

Isn't NASCAR the definitive spec racing series?

When I was younger I was very interested in the development aspect of Formula 1 but it felt more genuinely pushing technical limits. That sort of approach is not really sustainable from cost or environment - so I've been on board with the idea of trying to make a more sustainable thing that they have been trying to do the last 15 years... but I feel the heavy arbitrary limitations on design and on developments to catch up - really work against the interest of the technical side for me. It's really difficult problem for them, I don't know what the solution it but it's currently broken for me.

Indycar approach overall is clearly not the solution for formula 1, but for me it's been a far better entertainment and far better sporting competition for the last 4 or 5 years at least.

There are a bunch of things that work well in Indycar that would be interesting to see if Fl could try. Split qualifying groups perhaps - to reduce the regular traffic paradise farce that occurs near end of Q1 every few races.

Push to pass instead of DRS...

Commentators that are excited about the sport and not just complaining about track limits or DRS assisted passes...

Tracks with more grass on the edges to solve track limits - some of the Indycar roadcourses are absolutely fantastic. Maybe F1 could develop some other track runoff surface that automatically removes the advantage to exploiting track limits.

Once upon a time there were racers. They built race cars and went to race tracks to race against each other. And they decided what type of cars they wanted to race and on what tracks they liked to race, and fans paid to come watch them. Once upon a time.

Today those racers are paid employees of a large conglomerate of sponsors. The sponsors decide what type of cars will be built, the sponsors decide on rules and regulations, the sponsors decide what tracks will be used. Not the racers. Everything is carefully planned and calculated to generate the most profit ...not the best racing.

I say again - if you want to enjoy a true race weekend, go to your local club races, go to vintage/historic events. You will find people not making a penny from their endeavors, they are there because they love racing not because they love money. I guarantee a couple dozen 200hp cars dicing for position for 20min can be more interesting than a two hour F1 event.

So "Indycar" is going hybrid. Wasting time and resources on dead end technology. I am not impressed, or excited.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back