Anyone else notice a HUGE performance increase

Not sure if what they did or if its due to the new nvidia drivers released today but the game is running B-E-A-utifully for me now. With the same settings except contact shadows turned up to 12 and reflections from low to high, I'm getting like 20-30 more fps than before. Is that possible? I'm rocking a gtx 780 btw. and the game is pretty much maxed out now with the exception of motion blur being off and turn markers off.

No you're not the only one...dtm 2013 and raceroom are still the same but I have noticed a huge performane increase in dtm 2014...unfortunately I have to play with minimium details but with 2014 pack seems like is playing at medium details and is even more smoother than before...hope that grapic optimization will come for dtm 2013 and raceroom too...

Last edited:
not sure if there is one, still have some fps drops on certain situations though my GPU is not fully utilizied... got a 4.3ghz 2600k, so no cpu-bottleneck.

If they fix those "holes", i will most likely keep stable 60fps, barley touch 99% GPU with a 670.

maybe I spoke to soon. I did a 15 car ai race today at monza and it was sputtering all over the place. Even when hotlapping at monza withe the GTr gt3 i was getting crazy sputtering after a few laps. I got a small 4kb update today anyone know what that was about?

I didn't notice any improvement. I can even say it's bit worse than before.
My PC: cpu I5 something, gpu 970GTX
I done some tests yesterday with 22 AI
All settings maxed except FXAA off, Shadow split off, mirrors medium, AC 4x. Vsync on
- On most of circuits, I can run with 50-60fps except during the 1st lap when it's sometimes bit lower. I also noticed several lags. On the previous version, I was at 60fps steady without any lag and with FXAA on/ Shadow split on.
- Nurburgring. It's my bottleneck and I don't understand why. Performance is quite lower than in Hockenheim for instance. I already experienced that few days ago (before last update) while it was always ok in the past. So, even if I reduce some parameters, I'm still at 40-45fps in the 1st lap until Turn 1. Then, during all the race, I almost never reach the 60fps with some lags (especially before RTL curve/ turn 10)

I didn't notice any improvement. I can even say it's bit worse than before.
My PC: cpu I5 something, gpu 970GTX
I done some tests yesterday with 22 AI
All settings maxed except FXAA off, Shadow split off, mirrors medium, AC 4x. Vsync on
- On most of circuits, I can run with 50-60fps except during the 1st lap when it's sometimes bit lower. I also noticed several lags. On the previous version, I was at 60fps steady without any lag and with FXAA on/ Shadow split on.
- Nurburgring. It's my bottleneck and I don't understand why. Performance is quite lower than in Hockenheim for instance. I already experienced that few days ago (before last update) while it was always ok in the past. So, even if I reduce some parameters, I'm still at 40-45fps in the 1st lap until Turn 1. Then, during all the race, I almost never reach the 60fps with some lags (especially before RTL curve/ turn 10)

I would try to lower world detail, car reflections and shadows to medium, it should be a big improvement and I can hardly see any difference between medium and high.

My PC is a 2500k@4,2 GHz + HD7950@1145/1400 MHz and I can run 75-80 stable fps on most of the circuits except Monza and Norisring (because of the shadows i think).

With this last update, how can I increase my fps? What is the parameter of graphic settings is a baddest framekiller? I use intel core 3470 with radeon 7950 wit latest 14.9 driver and I dont see performance optimization like the guys says with nvidia cards.:cautious:

I would try to lower world detail, car reflections and shadows to medium, it should be a big improvement and I can hardly see any difference between medium and high.

My PC is a 2500k@4,2 GHz + HD7950@1145/1400 MHz and I can run 75-80 stable fps on most of the circuits except Monza and Norisring (because of the shadows i think).
I tried lowering graphics settings to where the game actually looked ugly and im still getting stuttering and freezing. I dont get it. It was running great the first day of the update and now its Shyt. Ive check all of my background processes and I dont see anything out of the ordinary. And honestly with a gtx 780 i shouldnt have to dumb down my graphics. This game looks good but not that good. Ive read through the forums and ive tried pretty much every suggestion. Im spending way too much time tinkering trying to gettin it to run smooth than I am actually playing. And to me theres no point in that. Its funny that this thread started out praising how the game runs better and now this.

Did not notice a single fps gain or loss. Exactly the same performance as before the update. Drivers are latest, mobo bios latest, any other drivers latest, all in-game settings left exactly the same. Exactly the same results.

60 fps with 23 cars, gtx 750 ti. Everything maxed out except
specular off,
shadow split off,
reflections low,
contact shadows 16,
track animations off,
motion blur fast(ultra) and 4x msaa. About 80 / 90 fps in practice.

My first post over here on RD (been reading for a while), but I need help due to this thread.

Due to the OP's post, I downloaded the new Nvidia driver last night as prompted and my settings got all jumbled. My background image was now repeated 3 times instead of spread across all 3 screens, icons looked zoomed in, etc.

I have 3 Qumi Q2 projectors that I believe are usually setup in 3840 X 800 arrangement. I figure this is a resolution issue, so I attempt to adjust it back. I get things back to looking normal, but now I can't get R3E to play across all 3 screens.

Inside R3E it has my display ration as 16:10. I adjusted to 48:10, which then allows me to select 3840 X 800 as the resolution, but it wont stick when I hit apply. Screens go dark, thinks for a bit, then keeps reverting back to 16:10.

I just bought Bathurst and now I can't try it, this is frustrating. Appreciate any help.

heres a video to show my issue. This is with every graphical setting on the lowest or off and i even turned the resolution down to 1600x1024

Wow. That's very bad. That looks more like a hardware issue though. Perhaps overheating or something in the system clashing. Could you do me a favor and use a temperature monitor while playing and check your hardware temperatures?

I recommend using http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Wow. That's very bad. That looks more like a hardware issue though. Perhaps overheating or something in the system clashing. Could you do me a favor and use a temperature monitor while playing and check your hardware temperatures?

I recommend using http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
that is actually what I use already and I also use evga precision to control my fans. My max temp while playing this game is 76C. the stock 780 doesnt start throttling the gpu performance until 80deg. I have mine set to not throttle until 85. my max cpu temp is 45 deg but I notice the cpu cores are all at 100%

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 385 39.9%