Anyone else notice a HUGE performance increase

Not sure if what they did or if its due to the new nvidia drivers released today but the game is running B-E-A-utifully for me now. With the same settings except contact shadows turned up to 12 and reflections from low to high, I'm getting like 20-30 more fps than before. Is that possible? I'm rocking a gtx 780 btw. and the game is pretty much maxed out now with the exception of motion blur being off and turn markers off.

Did not notice a single fps gain or loss. Exactly the same performance as before the update. Drivers are latest, mobo bios latest, any other drivers latest, all in-game settings left exactly the same. Exactly the same results.

60 fps with 23 cars, gtx 750 ti. Everything maxed out except
specular off,
shadow split off,
reflections low,
contact shadows 16,
track animations off,
motion blur fast(ultra) and 4x msaa. About 80 / 90 fps in practice.
In your case< I think that todays r3e is better optimised for nvidia. If we look onto graphics at overall, its very far from crysis3 detalization and effects, but still lag and stuttering, so my opinion bad optimization so far.

Are you having issues with any other 3D game, in high settings, since this started?

I'm trying to avoid having you tinker a lot but if possible could you rollback to a previous version of your graphics driver and see if that makes a difference?

Are you having issues with any other 3D game, in high settings, since this started?

I'm trying to avoid having you tinker a lot but if possible could you rollback to a previous version of your graphics driver and see if that makes a difference?
im going to try some other games in a few after I get my daughter from school. Im going to try assetto corsa, call of duty advanced warfare and shadow or mordor to see. Nvidia did have a driver update yesterday but i havnt played anything else since then.

On previous driver was situation near the same, cause now if I turn car reflection to low, fxaa=off, my fps increases at +10 fps, but.... on previous driver I have fps increase by turning shadow split off, and for now no differrence shadow split on or off. Thats my story.

For me I see a massive difference. I'm playing on an old iMac running bootcamp and could barely get away with medium quality. Racing against more than 6 AI was impossible and even then the frame rate so bad it was very tricky. Now it's much much better. Better frame rate and graphics are looking better too.

So a big thanks to S3. Can't wait to see what it's like when I get my 5k iMac with 4GB graphics card and SSD.

I've Just tried the lakeview hillclimb and the shadow split is a frame killer when playing the replay.
but what I've discovered with this latest update is, even without shadow split, I have a little bit of stutter in replay : I didn't have these stutters before the update.
my gfx card is an AMD 7970 ghz

well i rolled the nvidia driver back to 344.48 and after 6-7 laps on monza i had no stutter. I had everything maxed except shadow split motion blur and fxaa. I tried turning on shadow split because the shadows look terrible without it. Even though im still getting 90-120 fps with it on, I started to see random stutters here and there. So i guess ill have to deal with the ugly shadows.

i7 @ 4GHz, GTX 780 OC Edition 3GB w/driver 344.75, 16 GB RAM, 2560x1440

Running DTM 2014 on Red Bull and Zandvoort:

ALL graphical settings MAX:
56-58 FPS at start, back of 14 car field
65-110 FPS around track, highest FPS when no cars around.

ALL graphical settings MAX except for turning Motion Blur OFF:
63-65 FPS at start, back of 14 car field
75-120 FPS around track, ...

Above runs very well but best, smooth as silk, with vSync turn on.

I was running triple screen before the update so I'm not comparing apple to apples but it seems to run MUCH better since the update. No complaints from me!

im guessing the i7 and the double my ram help alot with the game. Since we have the same card. Right now im pretty much maxed but when I enable shadow split i get stuttering randomly even though the fps is fine. but dam it looks ugly. Im also rocking the same resolution with DSR

i7 @ 4GHz, GTX 780 OC Edition 3GB w/driver 344.75, 16 GB RAM, 2560x1440

Running DTM 2014 on Red Bull and Zandvoort:

ALL graphical settings MAX:
56-58 FPS at start, back of 14 car field
65-110 FPS around track, highest FPS when no cars around.

ALL graphical settings MAX except for turning Motion Blur OFF:
63-65 FPS at start, back of 14 car field
75-120 FPS around track, ...

Above runs very well but best, smooth as silk, with vSync turn on.

I was running triple screen before the update so I'm not comparing apple to apples but it seems to run MUCH better since the update. No complaints from me!

Not sure if what they did or if its due to the new nvidia drivers released today but the game is running B-E-A-utifully for me now. With the same settings except contact shadows turned up to 12 and reflections from low to high, I'm getting like 20-30 more fps than before. Is that possible? I'm rocking a gtx 780 btw. and the game is pretty much maxed out now with the exception of motion blur being off and turn markers off.

Yes and not only in dtm 2014 but also in r3r i put contact shadows in 32 reflections to high and many more options at high and runs much much better now. I didn't check it out in multplayer mode yet but i watched one multiplayer video i had in media hub and now it runs better,in single player has no problems.
More tests in saturday.
pc specs: Windows 7 64bit, intel core i7 26oo 3.40 GHz. Memory DDR3 dual channel 16gb. Gpu :Asus Radeon R9 290 directcu II OC not updated driver
steering wheel logitech g27.Monitor 22'' lg led.

Last edited:
Asus Radeon R9 290 directcu II.
yup, but...if U say so with radeon 7870 at least, why it will be slow performance with that top end videocard, its normal. I m talking about not so good optimiztion, cause I dont see next gen graphics in r3e like it does in pCARS for example, but it lags and slows down on the way... :cautious: strange things IMO.

Asus Radeon R9 290 directcu II.
yup, but...if U say so with radeon 7870 at least, why it will be slow performance with that top end videocard, its normal. I m talking about not so good optimiztion, cause I dont see next gen graphics in r3e like it does in pCARS for example, but it lags and slows down on the way... :cautious: strange things IMO.
It definitely needs optimization ,in some tracks the drop of fps is significant and in multiplayer is more obvious. I agree with you about the non next gen(dx11)graphics in r3r .They should achieve a good average number in fps such as 60 -70 frames per second for such a video card with all settings at high not at the expense of the simulation.If that is impossible i don't mind if the graphics are in medium settings.
Assetto has same problems but the graphics are next gen.I can't wait to see what pcars has achieved and if the simulation is so good as the graphics.For now we desperately want safe club races because in public servers the sim loses all its magic and becomes destruction derby.

I disagree. I think this game is very much next gen. Especially when compared to "last gen" titles like game stock car. I think the problem with r3e is they need a better lighting engine and better interiors. The external views of the cars to me look a bit more realistic than most of the newer titles. The paint just looks better to me. IIf they could fix the shadows and interiors and maybe ad some depth of field it would look perfect. But of course that's my opinion

pCars and AC look great at times but the immersion level is no higher for me than R3E. With R3E I don't feel I'm playing an old generation game like GSCE for instance. If I was interested in a photo mode maybe I would change my opinion but I almost never stop to take a picture. If a sim looks good "racing", graphically doesn't lower the immersion level, then I'm good to go, and I have always considered myself a graphics whore.
With this said, I am perfectly happy with GSCE once tweaked and optimized even though is has an older generation feel to it. It makes up for it in gameplay, physics, and FFB.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back