1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone else have this grass texture issue?

Discussion in 'Automobilista' started by Esco GT-R, Nov 27, 2017.

1. Esco GT-R

Esco GT-R

Ratings:
    +9
    @David Peres

On Monza when you come to brake for the parabolica (the little patch of green on the left) which i use for a braking point.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +187
    This seems most plausible. And at some point, taller grass got injected. But why do we not all see it? I would look for stray grass texture files.

However, if it happens in a clean beta install with no mods besides Patrick's tracks....a big mystery.

3. Esco GT-R

Esco GT-R

Ratings:
    +9
    The only other thing I've tried was reining in some settings in Nvidia control panel and NV Inspector and reverting em back to what Reiza advisers. It's obviously some sort of texture issue with the game and or track mods but that was the only other thing i could think off. No luck unfortunately :(

4. Esco GT-R

Esco GT-R

Ratings:
    +9
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +187
    What is the nature of the fix?

6. Reb.Ellion

Reb.Ellion
    Premium

Ratings:
    +442
    Remove the grass where it does not belong. If you do not have the problem, you do not need to install it.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins

Ratings:
    +187
    Thanks, but do we know why some see it and some don't? I'm glad removing it fixes it, but if there is a lesson for modders in there, besides not having redundant textures, it would be good to know and share. Closely overlapping vertical textures seem to cause no end of problems in the ISI-based sims, too...like z-fighting/flickering.

8. Reb.Ellion

Reb.Ellion
    Premium

Ratings:
    +442
    I don't know why this happens only by few people. I downloaded and installed the standalone Spa and Monza, grass are there. Deinstalled and installed again from the Megapack , grass still there. My fix works, but i don't know why the grass is there. Maybe grafical settings.

9. Esco GT-R

Esco GT-R

Ratings:
    +9
    It is very strange how some have the issue and others don't. I did contact Patrick about it but he has never seen the problem before and i think i may have been the first to come forward and tell him about it.