Anyone else have this grass texture issue?

Hi guys

Does anyone else have this grass texture issue where it looks like the grass is growing through run off areas? From my experience it only seems to occur on Patrick's tracks.

https://imgur.com/a/7dnIo

I have tried all sorts, from changing track texture level, fresh install of the game and track mega pack and deleting .hat files. I've been in contact with Patrick and he has never seen this before.

Cheers

I have the same issue on that spot in Spa-Francorchamps (the Patrick Giranthon mod). It's the only track where I saw that and it got my OCD senses tingling so I uninstalled the mod. :p

Looking at your last screenshot, it looks like the grass was actually put there by the modders, in the same pattern you can see on this photo, but underneath there's the paved run off area like on this photo. It's like 2 different eras of Les Combes corner where made one on top of the other.

I assume that Mr. Girathon started with the grass version (because that's what I saw in some older videos of this mod iirc), and later added the paved run-off but forgot to take the grass out.

Do you have that problem in any other tracks?

This seems most plausible. And at some point, taller grass got injected. But why do we not all see it? I would look for stray grass texture files.

However, if it happens in a clean beta install with no mods besides Patrick's tracks....a big mystery.

The only other thing I've tried was reining in some settings in Nvidia control panel and NV Inspector and reverting em back to what Reiza advisers. It's obviously some sort of texture issue with the game and or track mods but that was the only other thing i could think off. No luck unfortunately :(

Thanks, but do we know why some see it and some don't? I'm glad removing it fixes it, but if there is a lesson for modders in there, besides not having redundant textures, it would be good to know and share. Closely overlapping vertical textures seem to cause no end of problems in the ISI-based sims, too...like z-fighting/flickering.

I don't know why this happens only by few people. I downloaded and installed the standalone Spa and Monza, grass are there. Deinstalled and installed again from the Megapack , grass still there. My fix works, but i don't know why the grass is there. Maybe grafical settings.

It is very strange how some have the issue and others don't. I did contact Patrick about it but he has never seen the problem before and i think i may have been the first to come forward and tell him about it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%