Anyone else have this grass texture issue?

Hi guys

Does anyone else have this grass texture issue where it looks like the grass is growing through run off areas? From my experience it only seems to occur on Patrick's tracks.

https://imgur.com/a/7dnIo

I have tried all sorts, from changing track texture level, fresh install of the game and track mega pack and deleting .hat files. I've been in contact with Patrick and he has never seen this before.

Cheers

Just to add to this, i am also getting this issue on AMS beta. I know the tracks aren't really meant to be used on the beta build but i thought i would give it a try as the beta is it's own installation and separate from my heavily modded folders of the stable release. I tried it with track versions from the mega pack and the single release versions and the grass textures persist.

I also removed all folders in my documents to see if that bared any relevance, it did not :(

I took this screenshot before which i thought was strange how the grass coming through stopped half way across.

Base Profile Screenshot 2017.11.29 - 14.14.55.60.jpg

:( That really seems like either a file conflict, or a corrupt file… Since you tried a clean install, you should not have corrupted files, but did you try to run an integrity check in Steam, just in case something went wrong when downloading the whole game again?

I have the same issue on that spot in Spa-Francorchamps (the Patrick Giranthon mod). It's the only track where I saw that and it got my OCD senses tingling so I uninstalled the mod. :p

Looking at your last screenshot, it looks like the grass was actually put there by the modders, in the same pattern you can see on this photo, but underneath there's the paved run off area like on this photo. It's like 2 different eras of Les Combes corner where made one on top of the other.

I assume that Mr. Girathon started with the grass version (because that's what I saw in some older videos of this mod iirc), and later added the paved run-off but forgot to take the grass out.

Do you have that problem in any other tracks?

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back