Anyone else got this problem?

Erik Tveit

I can haz cookie?
Yeah..

1.png

I use Firefox and never have seen that issue, but I have the browser set to look for a new page every time I visit a page.

I also prefer Firefox because there are too many browser hijackers designed to take advantage of problems in IE.

I also prefer Firefox because there are too many browser hijackers designed to take advantage of problems in IE.

I'm afraid to say it, but IE9 appears to be one of the best browsers around, and Firefox one of the worst :)

There was a extensive test somewhere... Ah, here it is: http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/internet-explorer-9-chrome-10-opera-11,2897.html

Ended up IE9 first, Opera second, Chrome third, and Firefox and Safari hopelessly outclassed. FF 3.6 was used at the time though.

Performance wise, I am sure that Tom's Hardware tested and got the most accurate results, but that still doesn't address the potential for threats that is inherent in IE. I am not as familiar with Chrome, Opera etc, so can't say on those accounts. It should also be noted that in those tests from that link you provided, Firefox 3.6 was the clear winner in memory usage under heavy load, which in my book is a big plus for Firefox. :)

It took less memory, yes, but it also gave less back after closing those tabs. Which is a bigger minus in my book :D

Anyway, security wise, IE6 was the big problem, and that image is still stuck with it. IE9 is pretty decent, it actually warns about stuff that Chrome just does without thinking twice.

I find IE to be overly aggressive with that stuff though Senad, often causing people problems with sites they should have no problems with or issues trusting. Anyway thats a whole other discussion. I find myself using Chromium almost exclusively these days with FF being little more than a vehicle for Firebug.

I'll be rolling out some more updates over the coming week so Ill look at the issue in the OP.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back