Anybody using a GTX 770 2GB

Last edited:
I have it. 100-115fps when alone on the track, 60-90 with full grid on any of the official tracks.

Specs & settings are as follows: (taken from my AC forum sig)
Hardware: Asus P6T Deluxe v2 | Intel i7 930 @4Ghz | 12G DDR3 @1600Mhz | Geforce GTX770 | Sound Blaster X-fi 5.1 Gamer + Roccat Kave 5.1 headset | Win7 64bit | Thrustmaster T500 RS+F1+F458 | Thrustmaster TH8RS

Game: 1920x1080@60Hz | Fullscreen:ON | Vsync:OFF | Aniso:16x | AA:4x | FSAA:2x | World:MAX | HDR:ON | Blur:2 | Cubes:MEDIUM | Faces:5 | FPS:70-110

GTX770 Windforce3 (4gb)
i7 930 HT on - stock
6gb DDR3 1600 Triple Channel

1920x1080 / 60hz / 27"
HDR on
Everything Max in game except:
AA = 4x (no point going higher)
FSAA = OFF
Blur = OFF
Cubemap Resolution = Med
Faces per Frame = 4

Hotlaps = 110 to 120 FPS
Multiplayer full grid = 80 to 100 FPS

As already discussed at length in other threads, I fully recommend using Inspector to force 4x sparse grid super sampling and Pre-rendered frames to 1.

So if running the Inspector tweaks (which I do) you can minus between 20-30 FPS from the figures above and it is still totally playable, not stuttery.

Also, turning up Cubemaps to Max and Faces Per Frame to 6 AND using Inspector tweaks above I get around 40-60FPS hotlapping, you can sort of tell its taking a hit, but nothing really becomes a slideshow. Not tried those settings in MP.

I had been thinking of trading up the 770 to a 780ti, but I think upgrading my real car to a Cupra is taking priority over my PC, as everything plays pretty good on the 770.

Hope this info helps.

Thanks for the info guys...I can't wait..store opens in less than 5 hours...lol

I don't need 150+ plus frames, as long as I have a smooth 60 I am happy...sounds like I will be able to turn on a decent amount of eye candy..

What is this 'inspector' that you speak of?

I can't wait to delete CCC of my hard drive.

Also, I am on a 120Hz 3d tv/monitor....I guess I need 120 frames to play in 3d?

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html

It basically synchs with the usual nVidia control panel, but it opens up more 'tweakability' and provides options which are not available via the native control panel.

Prerendered frame I think you can set in both Inspector or Control Panel
4x SGSS can only be set via Inspector - and anyone who cannot see the difference between having that ON or OFF needs to go to Specsavers! But it depends how bothered you are about clearing up the last few jaggies and unwanted moire effects vs 20-30 more FPS.

I turned it off for the RD race at Silverstone, and got a happy 80 to 100 frames.
Next race I will keep 4xSGSS turned on and see what occurs.

Just think, with your new nVidia card, you will also be able to use 'Shadowplay' which means you can record directly from the card at 60FPS full resolution with totally no loss of frames! Horrah!

I'm probably going to buy this card tomorrow and wondering how many frames with how much eye candy to expect with 1920x1080 on a single screen?

I am happy as long as I can get 60 fps that is smooth and stutter free; any idea of how many faces per frame and what cube resolution I should be able to run?

This is the card: http://www.microcenter.com/product/...CX_Cooler_2048MB_GDDR5_PCIe_30_x16_Video_Card

A GTX 770 is going to run AC just fine at that resolution, can overclock it too for a bit more performance. I had an overclocked GTX 670 that I ran for a little while at 1920x1080 with AC before upgrading to my GTX 780's. I don't recall having any issues with the 670 and AC at that resolution. The 770 is about 5-7% faster than a 670.

http://www.guru3d.com/files_details/nvidia_inspector_download.html

It basically synchs with the usual nVidia control panel, but it opens up more 'tweakability' and provides options which are not available via the native control panel.

Prerendered frame I think you can set in both Inspector or Control Panel
4x SGSS can only be set via Inspector - and anyone who cannot see the difference between having that ON or OFF needs to go to Specsavers! But it depends how bothered you are about clearing up the last few jaggies and unwanted moire effects vs 20-30 more FPS.

I turned it off for the RD race at Silverstone, and got a happy 80 to 100 frames.
Next race I will keep 4xSGSS turned on and see what occurs.

Just think, with your new nVidia card, you will also be able to use 'Shadowplay' which means you can record directly from the card at 60FPS full resolution with totally no loss of frames! Horrah!

4xSGSSAA is probably going to be pushing it on a GTX 770 even at 1920x1080 depending on how much graphic quality you like and how many cars are on screen. Then again it also depends on what framerates you're targeting. I like anything above 100fps minimum for AC.

GTX770 Windforce3 (4gb)
i7 930 HT on - stock
6gb DDR3 1600 Triple Channel

1920x1080 / 60hz / 27"
HDR on
Everything Max in game except:
AA = 4x (no point going higher)
FSAA = OFF
Blur = OFF
Cubemap Resolution = Med
Faces per Frame = 4

Hotlaps = 110 to 120 FPS
Multiplayer full grid = 80 to 100 FPS

As already discussed at length in other threads, I fully recommend using Inspector to force 4x sparse grid super sampling and Pre-rendered frames to 1.

So if running the Inspector tweaks (which I do) you can minus between 20-30 FPS from the figures above and it is still totally playable, not stuttery.

Also, turning up Cubemaps to Max and Faces Per Frame to 6 AND using Inspector tweaks above I get around 40-60FPS hotlapping, you can sort of tell its taking a hit, but nothing really becomes a slideshow. Not tried those settings in MP.

I had been thinking of trading up the 770 to a 780ti, but I think upgrading my real car to a Cupra is taking priority over my PC, as everything plays pretty good on the 770.

Hope this info helps.

Paul, just wait on the 780 upgrade, its faster for sure, but not enough yet to make the upgrade from a 770. Wait for the next generation of Nvidia cards later thi syear. You'll get a 40-50% increase in speed for likely the same price or even less than you would pay for a 780ti today.

Oh my, what a card this is.......I haven't touched anything in the nvidea control panel, turned everything up as high as it would go (except motion blur, yuck), set cubemaps to high, faces to 3 and am getting 90ish frames...turned on v-sync (I don't suffer from ILS, so I have no problem with v-sync) and the game is smooth as butter with no tearing when I'm by myself...Starting dead last out of 24 cars at nords GP I briefly dropped into the low 50's with a couple tiny micro stutters and then all is good...

I just thought the game was pretty, now it is drop dead gorgeous...I haven't even looked into how to get it to run in 3d yet, but I will soon.

Oh my, what a card this is.......I haven't touched anything in the nvidea control panel, turned everything up as high as it would go (except motion blur, yuck), set cubemaps to high, faces to 3 and am getting 90ish frames...turned on v-sync (I don't suffer from ILS, so I have no problem with v-sync) and the game is smooth as butter with no tearing when I'm by myself...Starting dead last out of 24 cars at nords GP I briefly dropped into the low 50's with a couple tiny micro stutters and then all is good...

I just thought the game was pretty, now it is drop dead gorgeous...I haven't even looked into how to get it to run in 3d yet, but I will soon.

Awesome news, glad you're happy mate!

3D framerates will be cut in half so you may have to drop a few graphic settings to keep everything smooth. AC looks wonderful in 3 D though. I use a single GTX 780 in 3D on my 67" TV. Its glorious and very immersive.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 105 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 407 40.1%