Anybody help with FFB settings?

These are my current FFB settings and they seem to feel a bit odd..

https://i.imgur.com/1DSe0oN.jpg
The settings feel a little mushy when turning or correcting a slide and the wheel seems to correct really slowly on its own, anything i can do to improve that?
I am not sure if I am setting this up correctly. I used the LUT generator to begin with but all settings make the wheel wobble lots when the wheel is centered and doesn't feel correct. I have ffbclip app running in the background but not sure if its actually doing anything.
Any help would be appreciated.

Using a T500

Attachments

• 1DSe0oN.jpg
    1DSe0oN.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 139
I also have a T500 and 60% would be far too much for my wheel. I can get you my settings I'm quite happy with when I get home in some hours and you can try those if you want.

interesting, my ffb meter in game seems to be about half way and not clipping but the wheel is quite heavy like no power steering in most cars.
But your settings would be great to see if I can get anywhere with it.

Really? I had a lot of clipping issues actually and also a lot of jittering when standing still. After trying my settings, the only thing you should adjust is the FFB strength per car. For some reason, if I do it per car, it does not have the extreme jittering and clipping issues as when setting the FFB to stronger values overall in the settings. FFB settings in AC are science.

The best settings I have used for my T500 are gain at 100% in windows and in game. When I ran the app to check how much min force to use it came out as 1.x% so I use 2% IIRC. I can't remember my filter setting but I think it is similar to yours. I have all of the effects off apart from a bit of ABS effect. l use 40-60% in-game FFB strength for most cars, normally around 50%.

I used to use 60% gain and higher per car FFB, I went back to it recently and it is definitely worse, even when/if overall strength is more or less the same some detail is definitely lost compared to 100%.

I wouldn't recommend LUT gen with T500, it made mine feel like a G27!

So what is the correct way to use FFBclip then? I have it on my screen and adjusting the ffb on the menu but should I be using numpad +and- keys to do it in assetto corsa or the app as they seem to be seperate things. Because if I set it to automatic its so loose that I lose all ffb feeling.

So what is the correct way to use FFBclip then? I have it on my screen and adjusting the ffb on the menu but should I be using numpad +and- keys to do it in assetto corsa or the app as they seem to be seperate things.
Don't use it, simple.
100% ingame with 100% in car (numpad) won't clip.
Only the effects in top will do so go a little below 100.
Since it will be too strong with your t500 I suppose: don't worry too much!
A but if clipping isn't bad at all anyway. It's comparable to sound mixing and believe me. You don't wanna hear a not-clipping (limited) piece of music.
It's all way too much voodoo with ffb settings. Important is the mix of the effects and that the strength of it suits you while not having a numb/dead feeling in the center.

I'm pretty sure my T500 would be clipping like crazy if I have 100 gain in Win and AC menu and 100 per car FFB. I'm probably clipping on some curbs with 50 per car FFB.

In my experience it is much better to tailor FFB using -+ in-game and keep all gains on 100% than the other way around.

After testing above methods I think I am getting closer to a good feel. Have set windows to 60%, in game to 100% and adjusting each car ffb to around 80 seems to be a good fit. Race cars are tight and drive-able and drifting has become easy. On 50% in game ffb the wheel wasn't spinning fast enough to catch slides as it was lacking behind in game but on 100% it spins much faster and a bit more believable. I will continue to tweak but its much better now, thanks for your help.

After testing above methods I think I am getting closer to a good feel. Have set windows to 60%, in game to 100% and adjusting each car ffb to around 80 seems to be a good fit. Race cars are tight and drive-able and drifting has become easy. On 50% in game ffb the wheel wasn't spinning fast enough to catch slides as it was lacking behind in game but on 100% it spins much faster and a bit more believable. I will continue to tweak but its much better now, thanks for your help.
Good to hear and it also makes sense!
Your ingame ffb is close to clipping or might be even a little. That's "okay clipping". The driver then reduces everything as a whole while the "compression" stays the same. In theory you lose a bit dynamic but on the other hand too much dynamic might feel like crap. Similar to music. Pumping electro will need a different dynamic range (close to no dynamic) than a classical orchestra :)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back