Anybody have different sky scenery

Mountains are usually created separately. They are just huge panels with large textures between the skybox and track (skybox=half sphere with sky texture that moves ALONG with you, you are always under the center of it..). If you put them to skybox, they may not work perfectly.. Also, the skybox rotates according to time of day so you'll end up with slow moving mountains.

Well, you know what I mean. The default browny pinkish mountains, and the now unfindable forested mountains and spiky hills. I just want to know either how to create/edit them seperately.

Here's one project, Alpine Hills 2.0 that never got released (1.x is released..) It's massive but has a lot of neat tricks in it.. Study it, it's not perfect at all (it would've been released but i got stuck in problems that i created in the v1.x, it would've been easier to recreate the whole thing from scratch than to fix everything) so don't just blindly copy methods. It has lots of mountain backdrops even in the middle of track (those took ages..)

If you have 3dsimed then you can open up any track and see how they were created but this one is BTB project file. If you want to borrow stuff from it, make sure you check who to credit as they are not all my creations...

Here's the link .http://content.wuala.com/contents/SquidCap/BTB/AH198e_source.zip?dl=1

It's fairly easy to make your own skies ... I cannot upload my tutorial I created a while back ... I get the error its too large of a file ... I have it loaded on another site ... but, I believe I cannot post that link here.

Just do a google search for the following phrase:

“How to” make Skies, quick and easy!

You will find it.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 559 17.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 379 11.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 341 10.6%
  • < 4 years