Any way to tame agressiveness of AI ?

I was having some great races last night using the touring cars, but they would literally just ram me from behind or hipcheck me into the weeds. Is there a way to calm them down a bit?

I know the car group has the Chevy Cruze in it. I'll check on what the aggressiveness was set to.
I know it probably has to do with me braking earlier, as I don't like to leave it too late.The AI in Automobilista is very, very good, and I have the AI set to about 94% as far as strength. Not a huge fan of Front wheel drive cars, but these are fantastic.

Shall we safely assume you already tried the obvious? :sneaky:
upload_2018-10-31_13-5-46.png

I know the car group has the Chevy Cruze in it. I'll check on what the aggressiveness was set to.
I know it probably has to do with me braking earlier, as I don't like to leave it too late.The AI in Automobilista is very, very good, and I have the AI set to about 94% as far as strength. Not a huge fan of Front wheel drive cars, but these are fantastic.

Is it a Reiza car, or a third-party mod? If it's Reiza, and you are already using the "Low" aggression setting, just lower the AI % for a while until you can race with them. Then ratchet it up as you learn to brake as late as the AI do.

If it's a third-party mod, many are not calibrated for use as AI--they are intended for online/multi-player use only.

Yes they are Reiza cars, and right now I'm running them around 92%, but it does seem to vary depending on what car you are using.

The Reiza cars have all been carefully calibrated so that for the most part if you run at 92% in one series competitively, you should be at about the same % in another series.

But some cars are much more difficult to drive than others, so they take more time to get used to for late braking and so on. The beauty of this sim is that with practice it will suddenly click and you will be able to race right in a pack with the AI. Then, after some more time, you will be able to beat them and you have to increase the % :)

Be patient and first try to mimic the AI's braking points and cornering speed. And turn on the driving line aid to see how and when the AI follow it versus not (when passing or fighting each other).

Your spot on. Not sure though whether the Brazilian Touring cars are Reiza, I thought they were. But I had a great race with them starting at my favorite start position-last, at VIR and see If I can make it to the front by the end of the race, which I usually have set for 30 minutes.
I usually race at a certain percentage and then increase it gradually. Even with it set at 92% I had to make the pass for the lead on the last lap. With the Chevy Cruze though I can't even keep up at 90%, but I'll keep at it..
Thanks for the helpful tips.

Your spot on. Not sure though whether the Brazilian Touring cars are Reiza, I thought they were. But I had a great race with them starting at my favorite start position-last, at VIR and see If I can make it to the front by the end of the race, which I usually have set for 30 minutes.
I usually race at a certain percentage and then increase it gradually. Even with it set at 92% I had to make the pass for the lead on the last lap. With the Chevy Cruze though I can't even keep up at 90%, but I'll keep at it..
Thanks for the helpful tips.

You are having fun, that's what is most important. If it's a third-party mod, there is just an extra step to figure things out. One way is to go on track by yourself for a bit and go for a qualifying lap. Record your best time. Then load-up the AI and jump straight to qualifying. Let them run by themselves (at 100 or some other %) and then compare. You can adjust the strength % and re-run them until the speeds align with your own (however you define align). And, you can use the Time advance feature for the AI qualifying--won't make any difference to their times, but will shorten the whole thing to a manageable amount of your time.

You can edit the .plr file. There is a AI brake power line in the document, make the number a tiny bit smaller and that will decrease how late they brake into corners.

True, if these do not match the latest Reiza values, then a good idea to revise.
"AIBrakingStiffness=(1.0000,1.0000,0.9000)"

If it's a Reiza track, or one that has already been properly updated to those values, I would not change it. You'll just be chasing your tail and inviting a disorganized mess of inconsistency going forward.

I thought the .plr file adjusted the braking power across the board for the cars within the game? My nature of driving is im early on the brakes, early on the throttle, so regularly get rear ended on the brakes.

The line I meant in particular is as follows, if you lower the value you should have a pleasing outcome and be able to have cleaner offline races.

Brake_Power Usage="0.98000"

That has been a trait of refactor/ace/ams titles though. I remember people discussing it ad nauseam on the Reiza development site and people complaining of being rear ended. That was the most simplest solution for me as an offline racer. But if you like to race online then yeah, probably best not to tinker and cause mismatches!

That has been a trait of refactor/ace/ams titles though. I remember people discussing it ad nauseam on the Reiza development site and people complaining of being rear ended. That was the most simplest solution for me as an offline racer. But if you like to race online then yeah, probably best not to tinker and cause mismatches!

Reiza fixed this in the latest AI updates. Agree that it was always a persistent problem in the past, but they fixed it and several other annoyances we have been living with since 2005. Agree with @alexSchmurtz to just adjust the AI % until your skill level matches-up.

And remember that late braking is both one of the most difficult aspects of top-level racing and requires decent hardware. Changing nothing else but my pedals and going to a decent load cell set immediately gained me control and significant lap time--probably more than any other change or improved technique I have gained over the many years of serious sim racing.

If you cannot afford load cell pedals, ensure that you play with the pedal sensitivity in AMS to find the best curve for your hardware. Try both progressive curves at the top of the pedal travel and the bottom...maybe one will help.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 88 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 63 9.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 72 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 44 6.3%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 98 14.0%