F1 2014 Any way to improve AI's start?

F1 2014 The Game (Codemasters)
Well, default legend difficulty is challenging for me, I don't want to use True to life AI mod, but the pace of the AI cars are so poor at race start. I easily overtake 4-5 cars in the first two corners, and 3-4 in the next ones. But after 1 lap I can't keep the front car's pace and the overtaken cars are all in my ass.
Any way to improve their start?

Sorry, I don't think there is a solution for the "slow first lap bug". I hope it will be fixed in F1 2015.

In the mean time I have made a rule for myself, that I'm only allowed to gain one position during the first lap. I "play" that it is the best I can perform. In that way, for the rest of the race, I compete against cars with speed and pace like my own. And also it makes qualifying much more interesting.

I suspect all your overtaking moves are achieved by overtaking down the inside of a corner and braking late sliding down the inside as the AI queue up on the outside.

The way I play is that I can only overtake on the "OUTSIDE" of a corner during Lap 1. I apply that especially to Turn 1 where you can be aggressive and try to overtake wide but this is risky as I can gain or lose 2 places being aggressive into Turn 1 that way. The other thing is to Turn your Mix to Mix 1 for the first 2 laps. This also gives you an extra 2 laps at Mix 3 at the end when you need all the help you can get.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 352 15.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 247 10.9%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 243 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.8%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 301 13.3%