Any Update on V0.9 ??

there is a pirate Version of BTB, this latest version 8.0.3 ... is possible that the low-born who created this pirate version, is responsible for data lost Bremdon new BTB?

**** everything that moves because if that is true, the pirate users never take out a decent track, and truly understand that Brendom not want to work more on development of BTB.

Damn!! I feel very sad about that news. Seeing peoples that doesn't care about paying for someone who give them his time and effort to build something with passion for them, is really freaking me out, and even more if this person is an independant developer who deserve all his hard working hours to be rewarded. But, I also want to point out guys that the more we will talk about it, the more people will know such a thing exist. So, can we please go back on what this topic is all about?! Thanks for understanding. :D

It had in editor shader support so you could view your texture settings in the editor ....there by relieving you of going in to the game to view your texture refinements.
And for the week I got to use it it worked quite well and would have been a huge time saver.

With the hope Brendon will come back to develope BTB, I share few info about the new version...

A I said, the version 0.9 would have had a new license behaviour covering Vista and Seven 64 bit
and (sentences of Brendon):
- The new default track cross-section will contain the regular track along with dirt blending to grass on the edges.
Please note the blending would take also effect on walls, etc... in other words it is a "material" feature... and it brings BTB to another level!
- Bump, Specular and Additive mappings should be visible.
- Press F12. This is a new smoothing option that visually adjusts the Normals of the mesh.
- When exporting there is an option to "Smooth" which will perform the same function.

This function seems not so important, instead it works like a wizard also on previous tracks...

Lets start a BTB v0.9 fundraiser. A lot of people want 0.9, if each of us pledges $10 it could all add up and support Brendon to finish the build.
Even after the wait for the license downtime I experienced I cannot hold a grudge. This software is terrific there is no doubt about that, Brendons efforts are appreciated 110%.

Brendon has experienced some unfortunate circumstances, after all he has done for us, I think we owe him some support. He gave us this software for a once only payment. How many years has it been going for? Each year the next version of 3dmax costs you $4000++ and if it wasn't for Brendon, that's what we would be paying to keep up to date with the latest technology.

Before BTB came along, a lot of track builders with a lot of talent could not build tracks and the community was missing out on those peoples talents.
Since BTB came along, the whole sim community has benefited from it in one way or another.
I don't think people realise how much of a positive impact BTB has had.
Lets expand on this and get the word out, lets see if we can raise enough to get this job done!

Who is with me?

Who is with me?

I am with you, BTB (Brendom) and RX plugin (F.Black) give me the chance to build custom tracks, the soft is very intuitive and easy to use.... it is like a dream come true, with improvements in version 0.9 projects will be in another level, would be a mistake on our part not help Brendom continue with their work.

iltavilli, you said you tested v0.9 .... can you say us how this version was different from current v0.8.0.3 ? What was the new improvments ?

Like the Marcobost said, the main improvements were the new licencing for Vista and Win7, Track Blending (one of the best new features in my mind, although I couldn't get it working in RBR. In BTB is was fine and looked great), Smoothing option, which was kind a nice also. Helped making the track and the grass edge smoother in few seconds. Also other smaller improvements.

It's really shame what has happened to BTB, hopefully Brendon can get back on track again. And if he gets, I'm also ready to donate.

I'd also support such an idea. I understand if Brendon doesn't want to continue working on BTB, but it's rather frustrating knowing that v0.9 has some good new features but not knowing how much work it would be to get it released.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back