Any universal adjustment to move away from the steering wheel in all cars or any app to control de seat position with keys?

One thing that is really annoying with the default view in VR is that the seat is way too far away from the steering wheel. If it was the opposite (too close), it would be very easy to adjust with the headset centering hotkey / button (which every VR racer uses as soon as he appears inside the car) because you would only need to move your head forward, press the button to center the headset, and voila, your view is moved away as soon as you sit back. However, as it it now, you cannot move your view forward because the headrest of your real seat is already blocking your position. So, you have to resort to the on-board camera adjustments menu, which takes forever and forces you to grab your mouse, which is annoying and kills the inmersion. In this sense rFactor 2 is much more practical. I wonder if anyone knows a way to move all the seats or cameras backward, or, as an alternative solution, create an app to make adjustments to the seat position using keys or buttons. I've been taking a look at the "driver eyes position" values stored in the files view.ini (C:\Users\******\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\cars) and I don't see a way to make general adjustments to the third value (some are positve, some are negative...), so it looks like it depends on each car. It's not as easy as adding +30 cm backward.

I have found that you can press the home key, which opens the console, and type: set driverEye.z 0.2 (or any other value). That's the same value used for [DRIVER_EYES_POSITION] DRIVEREYES= in view.ini for each car. However, it's a temporary adjustment, not saved. Maybe I could program a button to add this command with different random values, until I find one that is acceptable and then use the button for centering my headset.

• Deleted member 197115

So, you have to resort to the on-board camera adjustments menu, which takes forever and forces you to grab your mouse, which is annoying and kills the inmersion.
You do it once per car and save the settings.
Optionally you can check "Optimized Camera Position" section here, not 100% guarantee that these modified settings will work for you though.

I also mapped Center voice command to Ctrl-Space in VoiceAttack so I never even reach for keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have discarded the previous idea in favour of the automation of the on-board settings app with the mouse. It's not very elegant but, since there's no way to do anything with keys, it's the best way to go. What I have done is to place the on-board settings app on the top-left corner on all my desktops and then use the AutoIt3 Windows Spy tool to find the exact position on screen of the different elements where the mouse pointer has to move and click. So, basically, it moves to the right to open the apps bar, scrolls up (in case it's not already at the top), clicks on the on-board settings app, moves to the app window , clicks for one second on the icon to move the view closer to the driver, moves again to the right to hide the on-board settings app, moves to one corner of the screen and locks it movement (I normally have my mouse pointer locked while driving). The process is very fast and works perfectly all the time.

• Deleted member 197115

Still confused on what are you trying to achieve. Once you find the perfect position and hit Save in that app, it will be permanent for that car. So you really need to do it only once and forget it, just make sure you do it in VR Centered position (ctrl-space).

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back