Any tips for teamspeak in VR

As I'm new to group, I was hoping to use an overlay with teamspeak to tell me who is talking, but I'm struggling to get anything to work in VR and was wondering if anyone has something they could recommend?

Also, even after turning down the game volume to 50% I was struggling to hear the chat over the engine noise. I was looking to see if there was any way to automatically reduce the game volume when someone talks. Not sure if anyone else has tried something similar?

As I'm new to group, I was hoping to use an overlay with teamspeak to tell me who is talking, but I'm struggling to get anything to work in VR and was wondering if anyone has something they could recommend?

Also, even after turning down the game volume to 50% I was struggling to hear the chat over the engine noise. I was looking to see if there was any way to automatically reduce the game volume when someone talks. Not sure if anyone else has tried something similar?

Nah, nothing out there works natively with VR. Not that I could find. You would need run a third party app that could overlay the chat into the headset, I would like TSPlugin to work in VR as it's non intrusive.

Regarding game sounds and TS. You need to get the levels right before you start, I use an app called ear trumpet which allows you change each apps volume levels independently to what they are set in their own settings.

Easiest way would be to reduce whatever game your playing and right click on the name of the person who’s volume you would like to increase on TS, then just slide the volume up:thumbsup:

Obviously this doesn’t help with recognising the person your chatting with.

Easiest way would be to reduce whatever game your playing and right click on the name of the person who’s volume you would like to increase on TS, then just slide the volume up:thumbsup:
That might be a tad tricky in the middle of a race :)

I resorted to just using the mixer and reducing the game sound a lot, whilst increasing the teamspeak. If I spend a lot of time in AC I might see about creating an app for displaying who is talking. Depends on what other shiny stuff distracts me :)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back