Sounds Any tips for soundmodding more efficiently?

Hey RaceDepartment!

So I recently took on "soundmodding". I'm also seeing some success, I have a E30 M3 sound mod and I'm working on a SR20 sound mod, however just for me, privately.
What I'm doing is extracting the PCM WAV files out of the banks of some cars.
Some of the cars have a straightforward naming convention, like 500ss_on_5500.
Some of the cars, however, have the naming convention 190e_onhigh, for example.
The way Kunos has set up the example project is clearly intended for files with RPMs in the name.
So, how do I work with these 190e_onhigh files? What I'm doing right now is just aligning the sounds in a way that sounds smoothly.

My next step is building the banks for the tatuus01, because that's the car what was set as the example car.
Then I copy the freshly built banks in the tatuus01 folder.
Then, with Content Manager, I replace the some car's sound (whatever car I'm working on) with the just modded sound of the tatuus01.

Is there a better way to do this?
Thanks in advance!

Usually i use names like Porsche_GT3_Cup_8500_on_in.wav for my files, but the rpm is just a "how the rpm is approximately" sometimes i correct the pitch a bit to have smooth transitions between the files.

For my projects, i start with the sample project , duplicate the tatuus01 folder, rename it and assign it to a new bank, then i save the project in a new folder. After that i start working on the sounds. With this technique u got unique GUID.TXT files because if u use same ID´s for your sound as the sample project is, u will end up with no sound or car using same sound if u have more than one car with same ID´s in the GUID.TXT.

Thanks Fonsecker!

I'll try what you suggested me. Thankfully the Content Manager "Replace Sound" feature mitigates the GUID issue because it automatically generates unique GUIDs for any car I want.

Right now I'm testing some FM4 sounds in AC, we'll see how that goes. After that I'll try to get some sounds from PCARS, just because I think they sound visceral :)

Thanks again!

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 346 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 240 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 238 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years