Any Simlab P1 Owners Here?

Hi all, I have a Simlab P1-X on order and it will probably arrive in around 4 weeks. Just wondering if there is anyone here who has one that can give me any tips for putting it together and anything I should be aware of.
Cheers

I don't have a P1, but I have the GT1 Evo. It's can seem a bit daunting at first, but actually putting it all together is pretty straightforward. What I found really useful was watching Barry Rowland do a build on youtube (here's his channel if you're not already familiar: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCT_50ZiRFWSm7oziV1OZloQ). I don't know if he's done a P1 build, but if not, watching the GT1 build would still be useful as he give some great tips on putting together the aluminium extrusion.

Upvote 0
Looks like he did a build video for the original P1, I guess the P1-X will be pretty similar for most of it. I'd just watch this beforehand and then have it on your phone as you're building for reference.

Upvote 0
Just one thing to note, the slot nuts Sim-Lab use are actually really good because you don’t need to slide them in from one end and they stay in place. They can also be removed and put in just by pressing them in through the side although it’s a little harder getting them out, it’s much easier than completely dismantling things.

Basically it means if you do forgot to put a slot nut in don’t worry all is not lost!

Upvote 0
Looks like he did a build video for the original P1, I guess the P1-X will be pretty similar for most of it. I'd just watch this beforehand and then have it on your phone as you're building for reference.

+ 1 on Barry's build log. I found Barry's build log useful when I ended up building mines. I'm sure the P1-X isn't going to be that much different to the original P1.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing