fps isnt increasing or decreasing with res changes

The issue im having is my cpu is never going over 60% usage
and my gpu At 1900x1200 is only barely hitting 45%
When game is in a window gpu is dropping down to 30-35 %
and cpu usage is staying the same
Above is using dx9
When i change to dx11 in the config by cpu usage is dropping to
48 - 50 % usage.

Something in the game code seems to be limiting either the cpu or the gpu or both

Intrested in other peoples tests
PS the game runs fine at 40 - 50 fps ,just trying to figure out why its not using the resources of my pc and giving me much higher fps as a result

For my tests
FPS shown with Msi after burner and Cpu usage show with Everest
Alt Enter will change from full screen to windowed and back again.

I'm running the recommended spec - E8400 dual core. It is running around 80% both cores with some spikes to 100%.

Although I did see one benchmark for F1 2010 which showed it would benefit from 4 cores, this tests I've seen for Dirt2 show quad cores are wasted on the Ego engine, and with an ATI card 2 cores are fine.

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cpus/2010/07/05/how-many-cpu-cores-do-games-need/7

Same for most games of its generation

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/cpu-cores-performance,2373-9.html

I'm having serious issues with this game. My Pc should be alright, with a E8400, 4 gigs of RAM and a GeForce 250 GTS. Thing is, I'm having seriously low FPS all the time. No matter what graphic settings, I can't get it to run smoothly.

None of the listed fixes have worked for me. Switching to 'software' in the audio menu didn't, read-only for the massive replay file didn't, and I can't suse mklink because I don't have another hard-drive.

Any suggestions?

I guess people with nVidia cards are not the only ones having issues with this game..
My rig: Intel E8400 (2x3.0GHz), 4 GB DDR2 1066Hz, Ati 4850. CPU and GPU usage never goes beyond 60%, fps never exceeds 40 fps no matter what resolution. I turned of rapture, but its slightly better, barely noticable...Its something with the engine of the game, it needs a patch...

I guess people with nVidia cards are not the only ones having issues with this game..
My rig: Intel E8400 (2x3.0GHz), 4 GB DDR2 1066Hz, Ati 4850. CPU and GPU usage never goes beyond 60%, fps never exceeds 40 fps no matter what resolution. I turned of rapture, but its slightly better, barely noticable...Its something with the engine of the game, it needs a patch...

Shows how PCs are difficult to program for. I have the same spec PC as you but different results.

Hi guys, searching around the web about the graphics issues i've found a few tips that helped me a lot in encreasing the fps (sepang with wet race 45 fps smooth driving without any graphic problem , besides race start "just a bit slower")
- Intel core duo T6600 2.0Ghz Nvidia 9600GM 1Gb-
I've removed from the graphics options "skids" and used D3D overrider 1.3 (contained in RivaTuber 2.24 ) , settings are showned in the picture below

I really hope this will help !! Ciaooooooo :)

d3d.jpg

Mine is still pretty jerky - I think we need a patch to optimise the code as I've tried every setting imaginable and can't get a smooth framerate.

I far exceed the 'recommended' specs, but have yet to manage a single race without framerate issues spoiling things.

I'm at Monaco and it really is giving me a bad headache. But I think its my lack of RAM and not the game. Windows XP with 2GB DDR in dual channel, I know its not exactly a lot, but it should be fast enough
What I do get is those stupid stutters and I blame the game writing into the replay file. I'm gonna try that workaround in the site someone posted earlier (http://segmentnext.com/2010/09/23/f1-2010-errors-crashes-freezes-fixes/) so thank you, someone.

Hi
I'm running an E8500 core 2 duo at 3.8ghz with 4gig's of ddr3 1600 ram and an ATI 4870 521mb video card. The game runs at 50-60 fps with the monitor set at 1440 x 900 and the game setting as per install. The only thing I've changed is the sound to software and uninstalled the 3d rapture drivers from the system. These drivers cause proformance and controller gear change problems to name a few.
My system is coming up 2 years old and I think it runs fine. I'm using ver 8.511.0.0 ATI video drivers from 24/06/2008.

Cheers
Jase

I dont think it is only the pc's that are getting bad FPS i have it for the ps3 (not got me pc copy yet) and i have bad FPS on some tarcks and so do lots of others dont know about the xbox 360 guys.

and the morros are so crap really really bad FPS and you cant see a poxy thing in them thgis game really needs an up date i hope codes are working on 1

I had a idea that I just have tested.

I heard that the EGO engine wasn't supporting cpu's with more then 2 cores realy well. So I thought, with my Intel Core 2 Quad Q8300, to set the affinity of the game's procces to 2 cores. In my case it were core 2 and 3 (of 0, 1, 2 and 3).

The result was a slight improvement of my low FPS. It was usually at around 20-23 at Spa, but now between 23-36.
Also, setting priority higher just made the FPS worse.

I hope to help a few people with this.

smiggs that might be your Replay file being written and read all the time...
go to http://segmentnext.com/2010/09/23/f1-2010-errors-crashes-freezes-fixes/
and try doing the 3# Frame Skips, Low FPS, Lag steps. Put your replay file in your fastest HD, preferably not the same disk you run F1 2010 from, and also not the Windows disk.

I tried to do this but in the CMD it always says cannot create file that already exists even if i already erased the replay folder. I have a partition drive (E:) opened CMD and run as Administrator and i typed and looked like this "C:\Windows\system32\mklink/D C:\ProgramData\Codemasters\FormulaOne\DataCache\myusername\ E:\Games\F12010\replay"

What is wrong? Plss help!

Q6600 + HD 5850 @ 1920x1080, same stuff as most of you guys using Catalyst 10.9: low CPU usage, low GPU usage (nearly locked at 60%) and FPS floating between 30~45 range, with sudden changes on that making the sense of speed go away. VSync is obviously off

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back