Any news when we get multi player?

Hey all.. Gagging to play assetto but I really want to play multiplayer. Steam says multiplayer is available but I don't see people talking about it here so any one know when multiplayer will be available?

In my honest opinion, having a multiplayer in a sim-racing game that is meant to be competitive is a must. Therefore, I wouldn't mind if they released a lacking netcode, so people could be compete against eachother. People do realize it's a beta, so there would be no crying about the bugs of Multiplayer, I reckon. Or at least, get a sort of algorhythm to read laptimes from replay files, then people could make leaderboards themselves... That would be pretty cool too.

In my honest opinion, having a multiplayer in a sim-racing game that is meant to be competitive is a must. Therefore, I wouldn't mind if they released a lacking netcode, so people could be compete against eachother. People do realize it's a beta, so there would be no crying about the bugs of Multiplayer, I reckon. Or at least, get a sort of algorhythm to read laptimes from replay files, then people could make leaderboards themselves... That would be pretty cool too.

Lmao, people have no idea what beta is or even means. Nor do they understand what early access means. We were given a discount in essence to act as testers for the developers. But it seems that people have been conditioned to think a game is completed when it hits beta status. This isn't the case, and seeing the amount of initial complaining about this sim, KS pushing out rubbish net code just to have Multi-player enabled would back fire. The flood of negative feedback could sink them. They are a small developer punching far above their weight and can't afford any missteps.

Lmao, people have no idea what beta is or even means. Nor do they understand what early access means. We were given a discount in essence to act as testers for the developers. But it seems that people have been conditioned to think a game is completed when it hits beta status. This isn't the case, and seeing the amount of initial complaining about this sim, KS pushing out rubbish net code just to have Multi-player enabled would back fire. The flood of negative feedback could sink them. They are a small developer punching far above their weight and can't afford any missteps.
this is true..
I have played APB since its release 3 years ago and its got worse and worse! Although I really want to play multiplayer, I dont want to play something thats totally crap, glitchy and broken.

Ah, so can I cancel my pre-order?

If that is the case I can't see any problems for those complaining.

But if you can't cancel it then it's irrelevant. People have handed over money for a product that isn't working so well. However you cut it that can and will cause confusion and upset for many.

The joys of early access/pre-ordering I guess. The more people do it and get burnt the less it will be done I hope.

I've thrown in my cash as a gamble, and to support what I hope will be a good game... not an automatic expectation the game WILL be good.

Dave

I really hope you had to miss a few meals because of the burden spending that whopping $40 cost you. Not sure what part of the product isn't working so well for you but me it's working beautifully. Guess you should have held on to that precious pile of money and waited for the full game to actually be released then. I'm pleased as punch to be playing what we have now instead of sitting and waiting for a release date that could still be months away.

I've bought betas of F1 20xx for 4 years ..... and I'm still waiting for full release ;)

Assetto has got so much potential, and could be my numero uno driving game/sim, so I don't mind the wait. It gives me something to look forward to in my old'ish age :)

I completely agree with you Michael, its a beautiful simulator to drive and iv enjoyed every single minute iv played it so far, once my G27 was tuned in properly. I really can't see how anyone could be disappointed with such a well made early access (beta)... (No disrespect to anyone who likes Project Cars, but just compare that's first build to AC's... and before anyone starts raging I do understand that Project Cars is making progress, as is rF2 and as will AC). I personally think in AC's current state, its the best simulator iv driven, and iv driven quite a few, rF, rF2, Project Cars, SimBin's RACE series, Codemasters F1 Series (I know its not a simulator :D).

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 250 13.4%