Any news what's going on next update Season 2014?

A.R.I. is still quite hard to understand but perhaps it depends on how you drive at long sight. Am I right? I tried to drive very hard and AI was still three or four seconds better than me. Then I drove like beginners wall to wall but AI droves like pro. Nothing happened untill after five races AI lost its control and there were cars on sand. So my rendition is AI comes too far to my level. I wish A.R.I. has to controlled much much better manually.

Yesterday i did my first race on DTM - Championship, nothing great though, basic learning of the physics according the track given the car and made slightest changes on the setup. I did 1.38 with DRS enabled whenever i want to and i was at the time somewhere near the limit, while in the race i did 1.36 without DRS - i improved the setup a bit.

I was driving on GetReal+, didn't run on the quals, started as last, by the end of lap 2 i was in the lead and by the end of lap 5 i was ahead with 15 seconds.

Now you speak of ARI and how they are increasing their skills their times with it for sure.
That didn't happened with me. Actually i find AI cars/opponents very weak and very slow.
I was trying to find some settings like strength or whatever but couldnt find anything.

Any thoughts ?

It should take roughly 3 races for ARI to catch up on your strength. Its not a perfect system yet considering it takes 3 races. But that can be avoided by doing test sessions if i recall correctly.

CURRENTLY IN PLAN FOR 2014
Multiplayer

We are currently working on preparing Multiplayer Alpha. We aim to start stress testing the infrastructure with a limited amount of users before this summer.

Initially Multiplayer Alpha will be made available to DTM Experience Season Pass holders only. In other words, it will be available for players who have purchased a redeem code for DTM Experience 2013 + Season Pass via dtm-experience.com.

Depending on our tests, we will then enable the alpha mode to more of our players.

WEB Technology based User Interface and Menu System

We are currently working on making a switch to WEB technology based UI and Menu system. We are working on revamping the entire presentation of the game with a dynamic and more user friendly WEB technology based approach.

Controller Wizard & Physics

We are revisiting our controller profile system and will revise our default controller profiles. We are also working on the physics side of things to bring more realism to car handling.

Single Player

We are working on completing the Single Player experience for the R3E base. Adaptive AI and Single Race is being implemented for R3E alongside Multiplayer.

Shared Memory Data

We are working on improving our Shared Memory Data system and we are creating a technical documentation to provide better support to 3rdparty developers who develop applications that can be used with R3E. Telemetry app and motion plugin developers will be able get more usable data from the R3E and thereby improve their compatibility with our game.

AI Improvements

We are currently refactoring the AI and the Adaptive AI system to improve the performance and accuracy of computer controller cars.

Multiple Experience System

We are implementing a more dynamic system to support multiple experiences under the R3E umbrella. Different Race series will have their own style and theme within their own unique experiences.

It should take roughly 3 races for ARI to catch up on your strength. Its not a perfect system yet considering it takes 3 races. But that can be avoided by doing test sessions if i recall correctly.
I uninstalled the game after driving at least 20 races without the ARI catching up. I was still 2-3 seconds faster per lap. I won't reinstall the game before you can choose your AI challenge yourself. Which is sad because Simbin was always my favorite studio and the driving feels great. I mean the only reason I'm in this section of the forums is because I'm hoping to read that they've reconsidered.

Did you send in a support ticket? This game is n beta so sometimes it will have a mind on his own, but if you dont let us know what the issues are, we cant support you getting it fixed or improve on it!
No I haven't. To be honest I didn't know that DTM-E was a beta product. I guess the frustration took the upper hand, and the fact that I have other issues with the ARI than just it not being able to adapt (which is another story).
I'll see if I get around to send in a support ticket. Thanks for the reply.

Well DTM-E is a bit of both, the game is finished as such but the platform that powers it is still in beta. ARI being a platform feature is still heavily in development.

Its a bit confusing at times, but in beta or not, if its broken, report it. We will try and help you either way.

I don't have any problems with ARI. I did 4 non-championship races with 10% race length on four different tracks (Norisring, Hocke, Nuerburg, Brands Hatch) with the default setup. If you don't make any mistakes, ARI is catching up properly, at least for me.

And if ARI is updated correctly you actually have to drive like a maniac.. Almost faster than all leaderboards + Marko Hartikainen + Jay :D

The only thing that could be added at the current stage imo, is to reset ARI. On some tracks (Lausitzring) it is too hard to finish even in the top 10, on others it's way too easy (Moscow). I think at the current development of R3E, ARI is pretty good. It is a lot of fun to fight against the AI on your own level.

I don't have any problems with ARI. I did 4 non-championship races with 10% race length on four different tracks (Norisring, Hocke, Nuerburg, Brands Hatch) with the default setup. If you don't make any mistakes, ARI is catching up properly, at least for me.

And if ARI is updated correctly you actually have to drive like a maniac.. Almost faster than all leaderboards + Marko Hartikainen + Jay :D

The only thing that could be added at the current stage imo, is to reset ARI. On some tracks (Lausitzring) it is too hard to finish even in the top 10, on others it's way too easy (Moscow). I think at the current development of R3E, ARI is pretty good. It is a lot of fun to fight against the AI on your own level.

In my case, when I start an event in a "new" track the AI cars are always 2s faster...Then I start driving like crazy, the difference drops to 1.5 -1.3s, eventually... so, I give up :) . Starting over, the fun is gone, as the fastest AI is 2s SLOWER than me, and so it remains, no matter how many times I restart the event (even with long sessions).

Frustrating.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back