Any interest in....

Just a thought. RD do a great job with the current mods and some of you guys run in F1, V8’s, Saloons and Porches which is admirable.
Personally I find all my Rfactor time is best spent learning the next F1 track and getting a decent setup for the car. Without these ingredients the whole event wouldn’t be as enjoyable.
However, I see there was an old thread about Rfactor Banger racing, which presumably would mean learning the track and the setup wouldn’t be as crucial, knocking someone off would be a challenge rather than an offence and it would be a blast for an hour or so on a night when there is no regular racing and people could just jump in cold if they felt inclined.
So my question is, would there be a demand for a Tuesday night banger race, with a format of no qualification, just a random grid, 10 minute warm up, and two 10 minute races, and also would this be easy for RD to setup and run?

I have been doing some testing of off-road and banger type mods for rF over the past few days, I still haven't got a complete plan for a club series together yet, but I think there would be some mileage in it for sure.

Had a PM from a chap who does something similar: Have a look at http://www.sim-stox.co.uk
However, these appear to be more Stock Car than bangers. My original post was aimed at something which would be easy for people to jump straight into without needing to spend too much time on a setup or learning the track which is why short ovals - like Arena Essex raceway, would be ideal.
And i would agree with Marcus that some sort of damage should apply so as the car gets more hits it becomes harder to drive.

I notice GBsimracing are currently running a server with a UK Bangers mod but I cant seem to find the mod anywhere to try.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 340 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 229 10.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 174 8.0%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 293 13.4%