Any interest and....

would this be ok? I'm the guy that recently modded the AC Cobra 289. It really wasn't that hard to do and it brought to my attention that maybe there is a lack of knowledge about modding and mixing car files out there. Obviously a modded car could not compete in on-line racing unless everybody had the same car but many of us don't race on-line. My focus on modding a car is "fun with a goal of reasonable accuracy". I am not a pro car modder in my opinion but I do know how to adjust and mix files so as to turn a beautiful but poorly driving car into something you can enjoy driving and feel that it somewhat more accurately represents what the car should be. I have also done an engine exchange on an existing beautiful well made car (the Cobra by meco) and had success in doing so. I don't make up my own files from scratch.....I 'adjust' file parameters from other authors based on existing knowledge and on-line research about specific cars. I am an old car guy..almost 62. I remember a lot of things about old cars and models that may have been lost to many in this modern world. I don't mind sharing some knowledge but is Race Department the place to do it? I don't know. I have a lot of respect for the work that real modders put into their work. Thoughts?

Thing is, you need to have permission from the original creator to modify and re-upload his stuff to be allowed to upload here by the ToS. This goes for models as well as physics and sounds, although Kunos themselves have been lenient about using their sounds in mods.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back