Any info on 1997-2002 FIA GT Mod?

Hello everyone! I'm another nogrip refugee here. While I was on nogrip there was something big in the works. The guy nicknamed SilverSYlph (if I recall it correct) did some tremendous job by making HQ skins and models for the 1998 FIA GT mod. When he was asked about possible release, there was an answer from him stating, that the carset will be released "later in the summer alongside with 1997 carset". In his personal picture gallery I saw screenshots of 1999, 2000, 2001 cars, which made me to think that it supposed to be the 1997-2002 FIA GT project. After that, as we all know - nogrip racing fell down and since then I've never heard a word about this project. Is it been put on hold? Is it officialy dead alongside nogrip? Or is it been released somewhere and I just don't know about it? I can't stop thinking about this project, so, please, if anyone has some info - share it with me. Thanks!

I think I remember you from NoGrip, we had some dealings in the past. (I'm the former username ChopChop.) He contacted me a while before the whole site went down and I was supposed to send him some of my 2002 cars. (I don't think that I ever actually managed to send him anything because 1) the site went down before I could and 2) I'm notoriously bad/forgetful with my private messages...) However I remember that he said the project was supposed be released on the EEC site so maybe it can be found there. I don't know for sure though, I'm not a member there.

EDIT: at least I think it was the same guy you're talking about. There are other somewhat well known modding personalities with similar sounding names so I can't be absolutely certain.

Oh yeah! I remember you! And still very grateful for your help with 2002 cars! I think we're talking about the same person. I discovered some wanted stuff on European Endurance Center, but faced some difficulties with registration - after 3 weeks my account is still not activated by admins. I don't know is it me - not good enough to join their board or there's just nobody to activate me at the moment. However, I didn't saw any sign of 1997-1998 project there...

Oh yeah! I remember you! And still very grateful for your help with 2002 cars! I think we're talking about the same person. I discovered some wanted stuff on European Endurance Center, but faced some difficulties with registration - after 3 weeks my account is still not activated by admins. I don't know is it me - not good enough to join their board or there's just nobody to activate me at the moment. However, I didn't saw any sign of 1997-1998 project there...

So I'm over on the EEC site and some people keep mentioning and sending screens and whatnot of late 90s GT cars on the FIA GT 2000-2009 topic thread. Just thought I'd mention it.

That is me, all my work plus others can be found at EEC. This is the last piece of the 1997 puzzle atleast that I'm working on.
Untitled.png

i only found 1997 championship in the e-sport racing website, and a 500 mb-ish track and carpack for 1997-1999 season....but where are the 1998-1999 seasons?the collection is almost complete.... T_T

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back