Any idea when the G920 Wheel will work with RRE ?

BTW I had another reply from Hannes Wallsted of Sector 3 yesterday about support for the G920 wheel in R3E, he said:

"We've just tested this new firmware from Logitech and they're still missing support for some FFB effects.
However, the wheel now at least functions properly and we will include a new default profile in the next patch.

The settings for these [missing] effects are already in the profile, it's just that the wheel won't fire those effects off.
So if and when Logitech add support, the profile should be ready to go."

BTW I had another reply from Hannes Wallsted of Sector 3 yesterday about support for the G920 wheel in R3E, he said:

"We've just tested this new firmware from Logitech and they're still missing support for some FFB effects.
However, the wheel now at least functions properly and we will include a new default profile in the next patch.

The settings for these [missing] effects are already in the profile, it's just that the wheel won't fire those effects off.
So if and when Logitech add support, the profile should be ready to go."

BTW Sector 3 got back to me about which FFB effects are still missing in the firmware for the G920:

"The things that are currently missing are Slip effects and Stationary Friction."

I thought Slip effects were fairly important, no?

Chris, im using the g920 as well. Logitech does have some new beta software that has made rre playable. Its not perfect, but you can at least motor around the track now. Its my understanding that the last rre update addressed the issues the g29-the next update, combined with a new offical lgs should have us g920 users up and running!

@Matt Byers and @Chris Sercombe - with the latest Logitech Gaming Software and Firmware update last week and now official support for the G920 in Raceroom, how are you finding this wheel now? Does it seem to have addressed most issues?

I'm still pondering whether to get the G920 or TX, primarily as the former is currently much cheaper (under £180 on Amazon currently) and the wheel base is much more compact than the huge TX base...

BTW how noisy is the G920 in use, and how does this compare to the G27/G25 - is it any quieter at all? Does it have a smaller deadzone than the G27? Thanks

@Metalogic -with the new firmware and support in game, everything seems to be working as it should. Its pretty enjoyable to drive and I feel like most of the physics are conveyed well enough through the wheel. That being said, I went ahead and bought a t300rs base. So, heres my side by side for ya.
The G920 is clanky and loud when playing dirt rally-as in I cant play it after my wife goes to bed. But, I prefer the ffb of the G920 in dirt rally over the t300-it feels more raw or aggressive...
The deadzone is smaller with the t300 and I have noticed that its easier to correct oversteer mistakes or general F ups on my part with it versus the G920.
I prefer the ffb of the t300 in most of the titles I play outside of dirt rally.
I cant speak to the g27/25 as I never owned one but it does have a noticeable deadzone. After all this money spent I can tell ya that I like the t300 but I'm not sold that it was worth the additional investment. I'm still using the logi pedals (which are really great), but theyre now crazy sensitive with the adapter to use on the t300. I'm prob going to grab a set of fanatic v3 sometime before Christmas. I think the G920 is a nice piece of kit for the price. Looks like Logitech is finally stepping up the support so that's good news. Hope my rambling helps!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back