MGP14 Any helmet cam riders out there? Post your videos...

Been doing it since SBK Generations. While I oppose Milestone's habit of selling beta versions of their games to customers, the helmet cams of Motogp 13 and 14 are an excellent upgrade, IMO.

I encourage you to make the switch to helmet cam if you haven't done so already. Learning curve is extremely high but you are rewarded with a far more visceral and adrenaline-inducing experience, especially during races. I'll never go back to 3rd person.

Last edited:
Mine's not an official controller, just a cheap one, but the joysticks seem to be ok, but it seems to be very sensitive - so with just a small movement it leans the bike over sharply.
Do you know of any way to improve their movement?

The thumb sticks are short, and just a slight lateral movement can make you lean pretty far. Because of this, I use Kontrol Freek Classic which extends the length of the thumb sticks so you have a greater range of motion resulting in more precision. I also have Speed Freek Apex on order because sometimes my thumb gets sweaty and slips off during long right-handers. I'll compare them when it arrives.

I have never seen those! I just bought the controller especially for MotoGP as I usually use a wheel. I will be ordering some kontrolfreeks now,
Thanks for the info, I'm sure it will make a difference for the better :)

No problem. :)

I spend about 15 minutes with the Speed Freek Apex and I'm not liking it at the moment. I'm the type of person that likes to change position on the thumb stick often and the wings on the Apex kind of get in the way of that. Maybe I just need some more time with them though because the first time I got the Kontrol Freek Classic, it was weird getting used to the extra height, but now I wouldn't play without them. The wings on the Apex are removable though, still giving you the added height of the Classic but without its dimpled surface.

I'll see about experimenting more with the Apex.

Nice. I love the immersion of helmet cam. It's got a hell of a learning curve and made me rage quite a bit early on. But even purposely running straight into a wall was fun because of the adrenaline rush. Totally worth the effort to learn helmet cam.

If you haven't done so already, I recommend practicing in the lower classes and working your way up. I started learning helmet cam at Assen in SBK Generations in the WSBK class. It was quite frustrating because it's a tough track due to being so narrow, and the WSBK bike power isn't friendly to learning. I learned a lot more by spending time in Moto3 because I could focus on lines rather than taming the overwhelming power of the more powerful classes.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.6%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 58 9.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 92 14.5%