Any GT4 owners...

Hi guys, haven't been on here in a while but I've just started a new project and I'm looking for some help...

I was wondering if anyone here still has a copy of Gran Turismo 4. The track I've decided to build is Citta Di Aria, the really narrow Italian street track from the rally section, as it was always one of my favourites, however my PS2 stopped working some time ago so I don't really have much reference other than low resolution videos on youtube and a few pictures from google images.

If anyone has any high-res pictures of the track they could send, that would be great. If you want to be particularly helpful, you could send me a high-res video of you driving around the track slowly (preferably from any one of the onboard cameras or chase cams rather than tv cameras) or some high-res photos of buildings, walls or surfaces from around the track. I would be very, very grateful for any of these and you will be credited in the final release.

Once some proper progress is made I shall upload screenshots etc etc so you guys can see the development of the track.

Also be sure to check out my previous track, Buckmore Park:
http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?ID=Buckmore%20Park

Nice idea. May be fairly hard to get high-res footage though, since GT4 only has fairly low-res resolution itself and usually it'd need to be grabbed off the tv signal.

This one has 720p at least though:

Thanks for that, that's the highest quality vid I've seen and not too fast either. Could be very useful for doing the elevations...

I think this one's gonna require some artistic license with the textures, and quite a bit of free time too. The textures are what really make the track come alive in GT4, so it's gonna be very important to get them right... Still, the one thing it has going for it is it doesn't require any terrain modelling, something I hate doing in BTB (tedious and also makes the whole program run slowly when there's a lot of it).

The Citta di Aria track is based on the real Italian city of Assisi, Perugi and most of the track can be "walked" in Google Street View.

citta_di_aria.jpg

His last post was in 2016 and last 'seen' in Feb 2017, so not sure if he's still around. Maybe try shooting him a PM? He may get a notification in his email.

This post resurrection has made me want to give his Buckmore Park mod a go. But would it still work seeing as there have been quite some updates to rF2 since he released it?

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 337 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 467 39.0%