Any easy drift map for beginner ??

Suddenly having interest to learn how to drift in sim .. any suggestion for an easy drift map ?? Or the game's default drift map is best for beginner ??

Thanks first.

I think Magione is a good track to learn - it has a variety of corners that all require slightly different inputs, has a great left, right, left sequence at the end. It's quite short - easy to do many laps and become familiar with the layout, and it's completely flat (although a bit bumpy in places). The default drift map is fun, but there are almost too many options - you're spoilt for choice! Learning a race track might get you into a better rhythm.

I think Magione is a good track to learn - it has a variety of corners that all require slightly different inputs, has a great left, right, left sequence at the end. It's quite short - easy to do many laps and become familiar with the layout, and it's completely flat (although a bit bumpy in places). The default drift map is fun, but there are almost too many options - you're spoilt for choice! Learning a race track might get you into a better rhythm.
Yeah agree to what you say about that default drift map ... i just dont know where i should turn next. By the way i still wondering how to initial a drift ... and do i have some kind of ffb when the car is drifting ??
Thanks

Outside circuit of the map ?? Ok will try.
And when you want to learn doing combos:
drift.jpg

Use the turns you can see here in the midfield, after the first turn ;) Drift in right, switch to left, end with a nice right one.

And when you want to learn doing combos:
drift.jpg

Use the turns you can see here in the midfield, after the first turn ;) Drift in right, switch to left, end with a nice right one.
Thanks first but i still cant do a single drift properly .. its easy to make the car start to drift but very hard to keep it drifting .. either the drift stop (too much counter steering ??) or angle too big (too much throttle ?? counter steer too late ??) ...
Very trouble right now :sleep:

I'm not very good at drifting. If I try to do it I can't. When I try to do a fast tidy lap I turn into a drift master, even though that's the last thing I want to be doing.

I don't know whether I should be going slow or whether I should have the car near the limit. I can drift a car at the limit but I can't stop myself from correcting it rather than letting it drift.

This video is the one I used at my first drifting attempt
Then after a lot of practice I decided to focus on driving fast on race circuits first before returning to drifting.

Yeah agree to what you say about that default drift map ... i just dont know where i should turn next. By the way i still wondering how to initial a drift ... and do i have some kind of ffb when the car is drifting ??
Thanks
Ideally you want quite strong FFB in order to help apply a large amount of opposite-lock when you kick the rear out. I use a T500RS, which is good for that initial stage of counter-steering as it is quite fast, but it feels too heavily-damped so not particularly communicative once you are in the middle of the drift. I'm having to mostly rely on visual and audio cues to react to the balance of the car rather than FFB.

Here's a recent bit of fun I had around Magione. Unfortunately I forgot to add the pedal input display but perhaps it might help if you watch the steering and listen to the engine:

The 'recovery' phase at the end of a drift is the hardest part - and it depends a lot on your throttle control. As you can see I was struggling with that, particularly coming onto the back straight where I pushed a bit too hard - in the case of the Ruf, having the classic 'pendulum' effect of a rear-engined Porsche, it is all too easy to have the rear go the other way when you just want it to straighten up, so probably not the car to learn with. Being able to bring the rear tyres back in line is as much about modulating your right foot as re-centring the steering. You also have to 'fight' the FFB to some extent when you're straightening up, so it can be counter-intuitive compared to the initial 'catch' which should feel quite natural.

Ideally you want quite strong FFB in order to help apply a large amount of opposite-lock when you kick the rear out. I use a T500RS, which is good for that initial stage of counter-steering as it is quite fast, but it feels too heavily-damped so not particularly communicative once you are in the middle of the drift. I'm having to mostly rely on visual and audio cues to react to the balance of the car rather than FFB.

Here's a recent bit of fun I had around Magione. Unfortunately I forgot to add the pedal input display but perhaps it might help if you watch the steering and listen to the engine:

The 'recovery' phase at the end of a drift is the hardest part - and it depends a lot on your throttle control. As you can see I was struggling with that, particularly coming onto the back straight where I pushed a bit too hard - in the case of the Ruf, having the classic 'pendulum' effect of a rear-engined Porsche, it is all too easy to have the rear go the other way when you just want it to straighten up, so probably not the car to learn with. Being able to bring the rear tyres back in line is as much about modulating your right foot as re-centring the steering. You also have to 'fight' the FFB to some extent when you're straightening up, so it can be counter-intuitive compared to the initial 'catch' which should feel quite natural.
I have to disagree with you on the ruf, and t500 not being communicative. Yes it has been so before, but with the ruf I can now for the first time really feel the car through the wheel. The subtle nuances under braking. And mid drift, you I can feel exactly what the car wants from me: more lock, less throttle, more throttle. For the first time EVER I can put the car where I want to in a drift. Big angle slow drift, fast long drift.... you name it.

And I can exactly feel where I need to turn the wheel. It smooths out when the wheel have traction, and so I just 'ride the wave' when finishing the drift. I don't know how to describe it better. I let the wheel guide me.

I have to disagree with you on the ruf, and t500 not being communicative. Yes it has been so before, but with the ruf I can now for the first time really feel the car through the wheel. The subtle nuances under braking. And mid drift, you I can feel exactly what the car wants from me: more lock, less throttle, more throttle. For the first time EVER I can put the car where I want to in a drift. Big angle slow drift, fast long drift.... you name it.

And I can exactly feel where I need to turn the wheel. It smooths out when the wheel have traction, and so I just 'ride the wave' when finishing the drift. I don't know how to describe it better. I let the wheel guide me.
I understand (and disagree with) your opinion of the T500, but what are you disagreeing with about the Ruf?

This video is the one I used at my first drifting attempt
Then after a lot of practice I decided to focus on driving fast on race circuits first before returning to drifting.
Looks like i already watched & LIKE this video long time ago but forget about it right away since i have no plan to learn drifting at that time .. but now this video going to be very useful. Thanks first :thumbsup:

By the way one question first .. did the wheel has any ffb when the car already sliding but before regain the grip ??

I don't know about the e30 m3 drift. It feels like driving a godmode car. Too easy...

Anyway, right now I find vallelunga+ruf combo just the best for drifting
Is it possible you do a video for this in cockpit view with pedal & gear app ?? Thanks first.

mod-edit: RU - Do not double post please, but edit previous posts if you want to add something or quote other members.

Looks like i already watched & LIKE this video long time ago but forget about it right away since i have no plan to learn drifting at that time .. but now this video going to be very useful. Thanks first :thumbsup:

By the way one question first .. did the wheel has any ffb when the car already sliding but before regain the grip ??
I am not a drift expert I am sorry. I think somebody else might be able to answer that question

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 88 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 334 28.2%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 463 39.1%