Tracks Any dedicated people interested in collaborating on a track together?

I've finished the first LilSki video. Here is a detail of the much cleaner visual mesh that can be used for UV mapping:

SNAG-0033.jpg

One thing I might do is reduce the resolution on the straights and increase it in the curves.

I saved a separate copy of the .blend file without the LIDAR mesh and the file size went from 800MB to 80MB!

I filled a mesh in the infield and a mesh in the outfield (from the inner/outer edges of the track surface) to temporarily use as grass and see if I can get this alpha alpha alpha alpha alpha version of the track in game to drive a hotlap. Just applied a dark gray material to road and green material to infield/outfield. Still need to put the null objects in there for starting locations, start/finish line, and a few more.

1576274716116.png

I know what you mean. A ton of books landed in my lap and I've been reading them, making notes. And then there has been a quantity of new content to try out which I still haven't waded through.

Hope to hear more about this soon - I'm an instructor/driver at this circuit in real life and have been itching for a high quality version in Assetto Corsa for quite some time - I also started learning Blender basics and track building from data based on Liski's guides just today!

I can get you any in car, drone stills etc that you need for this track. I’m on it no less than 8-10 days a year. I have a ton of video I ca link up for you. I’m headed to a few private days and could do some drone footage if needed. Would love to help. There is also a comp course that rounds the carousel. Let me know how I can help.

I can get you any in car, drone stills etc that you need for this track. I’m on it no less than 8-10 days a year. I have a ton of video I ca link up for you. I’m headed to a few private days and could do some drone footage if needed. Would love to help. There is also a comp course that rounds the carousel. Let me know how I can help.
Awesome! I took a break from working on the track since there didn't seem to be too much interest in the collaborative effort. If a small group want to get working on it again, I'm interested in continuing. We still have all the files in a shared Google Drive folder that I'm happy to share with any contributors.

Awesome! I took a break from working on the track since there didn't seem to be too much interest in the collaborative effort. If a small group want to get working on it again, I'm interested in continuing. We still have all the files in a shared Google Drive folder that I'm happy to share with any contributors.

I'd be in to learn how to help since I instruct with the racing school at BIR - I'm *very* new to making mods but I sim race and make videos a lot so I can probably help spread the word about the track and find some people who may be more capable of helping.

At the minimum I can at least do bug testing and confirm the "Feeling" of the track in certain spots.

The road tracks listed in @Emery 's tracks with LIDAR data available that don't yet have an AC mod (or in development) are the following:
  • Blackhawk Farms
  • Brainerd International Raceway
  • Heartland
  • Nelson Ledges
  • Old Bridge Township Raceway Park
  • Roebling
  • Second Creek Raceway

Any thoughts on these? I'm unfamiliar with all of them. I'll do a bit of research on these tracks to see what reference materials are available.
im new to the game and i love drag racing i saw you have oldbridge township dragway thats a local track to me if you do that track i would be the first to download keep up the great work

I don’t mind helping with some track buildings if you have a aerial map you’ve made already and some photos for reference it’s no problem,

be better to build at least 5/6 then we could use the same texture 1 wouldn’t justify the mb of the textures used.

I don’t mind helping with some track buildings if you have a aerial map you’ve made already and some photos for reference it’s no problem,

be better to build at least 5/6 then we could use the same texture 1 wouldn’t justify the mb of the textures used.
what track

Send me a PM with your Google ID and I'll add you to the shared folder!

Reactions: CC

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back