Tracks Any dedicated people interested in collaborating on a track together?

So I loaded up @BluePotato00 work in blender, changed the objects to AC naming, and imported the FBX to ksEditor and there is a problem I can't fix. I haven't done work with meshes in a long time, mostly just CAD type stuff for 3D printing. The grass of the map is two separate meshes (infield and outfield). ksEditor will only render the outfield. I tried joining the meshes in blender and exporting again, but it's the same problem and ksEditor shows the joined meshes as sub objects. Does the "ground" mesh have to be one contiguous piece with the track on top of it?

So I loaded up @BluePotato00 work in blender, changed the objects to AC naming, and imported the FBX to ksEditor and there is a problem I can't fix. I haven't done work with meshes in a long time, mostly just CAD type stuff for 3D printing. The grass of the map is two separate meshes (infield and outfield). ksEditor will only render the outfield. I tried joining the meshes in blender and exporting again, but it's the same problem and ksEditor shows the joined meshes as sub objects. Does the "ground" mesh have to be one contiguous piece with the track on top of it?
There's not nessecarily something wrong with more pieces of land. All it does is increase draw calls.
But you say it doesn't render the outfield? Are you sure you have exported it? You may have set "selected objects" on export and not selected it, for instance.
Is it in the list on the left? If it is, but it doesn't show, check if it's renderable (IsRenderable = True), or even active (IsActive = True), or maybe the LOD distances are set wrong (LodIN / LodOUT).

Did you check if it maybe renders the infield "upside down"? So that you can see it from below? AC only renders mesh in the direction of its Normals, you may need to switch those for the mesh.

It can be viewed from the bottom! How do know what direction the "Normals" are. Have not used something like blender in 10 years... Would be awesome if you explain quick how to change it so I can try driving on the track quick to see if the Lidar mesh is worth anything.

wufTV3I.png

First you should turn on Backface Culling so that Blender's viewport looks the same as it will ingame, then you select the object and in Edit mode, Shift+N (normals outside) or Ctrl+Shift+N (normals inside)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back