Any decent "budget" pedal sets with a load cell brake?

Even though they have pots vs halls on the gas/clutch I prefer CSL Elite LC over T-LCM. Pots are easy to upgrade to Halls when/if the pots go bad but the shortcomings of the TM pedals (flexi plastic base, springs slipping off original version, fixed positioning, bigger footprint) are not easily addressed in the long run. The CSL are all metal and being more minimalist make for a cleaner looking install. They're priced similarly but the Fana likely have better resell value being so solidly constructed

Upvote 0
As others have mentioned the Thrustmaster T-LCM or Fanatec CSL Elite LC. I personally would lean toward the T-LCM since they have use hall sensors instead of potentiometers. Also, I own Fanatec Clubsport V3, and have reached out to Fanatec on several occasions, without a response. However, right now it may come down to what you can find.

Upvote 0
the shortcomings of the TM pedals (flexi plastic base, springs slipping off original version, fixed positioning, bigger footprint)

Yes, they are fixed position but that’s not a problem for me. The only other thing I’d agree with here is the bigger footprint which I see as a plus - they provide a larger area to rest your heels. I get no flex from the base which, if anything, is a more robust version of the old T3PAs that I (like many others) used successfully for many years with no fatigue-related problems. As for the springs slipping off, I haven’t experienced this and can’t see how it could possibly happen if they’re fitted properly. Unlike the Elite LCs, they have hall-effect sensors all round, the load cell design is better and the brake resistance is much easier and quicker to adjust. The icing on the cake is that they sell for a lot less than the Fanatec pedals (significantly so on Amazon UK at the moment).

Upvote 0
Just picked up some second hand csl elites for 170 delivered. I just can not believe the difference from my t3pa pros. They are truly the best sim upgrade I have ever done. Nearly got the new thrustmaster pedals but so glad I didn't. The modular design and metal construction is great.
Greame

Upvote 0
Just picked up some second hand csl elites for 170 delivered. I just can not believe the difference from my t3pa pros. They are truly the best sim upgrade I have ever done. Nearly got the new thrustmaster pedals but so glad I didn't. The modular design and metal construction is great.
Greame
I was thinking the pedal arms were plastic? However I was just going by the pictures when I was shopping for my V3s.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I was thinking the pedal arms were plastic? However I was just going by the pictures when I was shopping from my V3s.

They're cast aluminum, as is the heel plate which is pretty thick and allows the pedals to be positioned wherever you want in relation to each other and the pedal bases are cast al too. Also comes with steel rods/bushings to further reinforce the pedals if desired but I find them unecessary. The LC brake pedal has the load cell sensor cast inside the pedal arm.

The gas and clutch use pots but it's pretty trivial to swap to Halls for like $10

Upvote 0
I see on ebay if you ever need to change a pedal they are just £30. Great design you really should get them if can, wish I had done it years ago.
I have the Fanatec Clubsport V3 with the brake performance kit, and love them. Only issue is software related. About 70% of the time I go to race they are no longer calibrated.

Upvote 0
I have the Fanatec Clubsport V3 with the brake performance kit, and love them. Only issue is software related. About 70% of the time I go to race they are no longer calibrated.
Sorry got you confused with the original poster. Weird about your v3's. I did notice the software is abit bugged though, had to unplug mine when they just disappeared from the controller panel. Strange considering the product prices.

Upvote 0
They're cast aluminum, as is the heel plate which is pretty thick and allows the pedals to be positioned wherever you want in relation to each other and the pedal bases are cast al too. Also comes with steel rods/bushings to further reinforce the pedals if desired but I find them unecessary. The LC brake pedal has the load cell sensor cast inside the pedal arm.

The gas and clutch use pots but it's pretty trivial to swap to Halls for like $10

This is great information. I probably would have purchased this instead of the V3 pedals if I would have known (read about the pot issues, and it worried me a little). However, I am glad I didn't know as I love my V3's ;). One more month, and I should have the last piece of my rig before my overspending stops. DD wheel on order with a month more to wait. I admit my T300 does a fine job, so can't complain too much while I wait.

Upvote 0
Maybe the DCsimracing are the once you like for a good price starting at 350 for 2 or 450 for 3 pedals.
402FE694-68E0-4BB1-B9BF-EE0D51E1148A.jpeg

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 106 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 139 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 197 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 381 28.3%