Any cyberpunk fans on here?

Dan Allen

I am the Pastor Maldonado of RaceDepartment.
OK, so I'm a huge fan of cyberpunk, I just love the whole futuristic elements and the stories that go with it. Anyone else out there enjoy a bit of cyberpunk?

I have no shame in admitting I want hover cars and robotic body parts ;)

Was thinking about which I actually prefer, anime cyberpunk or written form cyberpunk science-fiction. And obviously, nothing beats Gibson or Sterling, those I enjoy the most.

On the other hand, Japanese animation and Manga have had terrific characters and themes in the cyberpunk universe.

Too bad cyberpunk is often misunderstood (even though we're heading that way...some say we're already there...)

Now...er...about hardcore punk music...

-----

UPDATE:
oh yeah, cyber body parts. Both Sterling and Gibson had explored that in their writings, but...

nothing beats GITS vision of a certain (semi-bleak) future. And I don't mean the movies BUT that which takes the GITS committee vision much beyond the stylized cinematography and plot - the Series.

Anyone here play either Neotokyo or Dystopia? Both great cyberpunk-based games... Oh yeah, Cyberpunk 2077 is coming out next year too. Can't wait for that to drop! :D

Yep, Winter 2015. I'm curious about CB 2077 and have been for some time about Neotokyo, though I'm not into RPG's.

I have a couple of friends who don't miss any big launch...oh, yeah, my better half was once pretty crazy about something no one seems to remember any more: ex machina. Come to think of it, a lot of women I know are into RPG's. They say "boys with toys" about us driving sims...ah. :p

Well, Neotokyo isn't an RPG, it's a Half Life 2 mod. And it's a free mod too. Totally worth it! As far as Cyberpunk 2077, I can't wait to see some early gameplay footage. I'd like to see just how it'll look.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 92 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 125 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 172 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 340 28.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 468 39.0%