Any Cube Controls CSX 2 Owners Out There?

As I continue to stew in my Corona madness I noticed that the CSX 2 is in stock (with 20 business day lead time via their FB chat) and the Ascher Racing stuff is all out of stock until June at least. I currently have a AR F64-USB that I am overall very happy with, apart from some issues with the grips causing hand pain at higher feedback levels and most of the buttons being a bigger stretch that works well for my hands. That got me thinking that this might be an easier than normal situation to sell a used wheel as demand is high. I could buy the CSX 2, try both for a week or two and resell the one I like less (or return if CC would allow it)

I started doing research on the CSX 2 to see if the company has addressed some of the QA and QC issues I've heard about in the past, but can't find a whole lot of information current to the new CSX 2. Have any of you had any experience with the Cube wheel or ideally the Ascher as well that might be able to speak to your experience?

I am itching to give it a try and see if it improves my issues, but I am a little gun-shy for the mixed reactions to their past products. Any opinions would be helpful. Thanks!

I just bought one from Murray Motorsport in Ireland,
I was tempted to go direct to Cube Controls and wait the 4 weeks waiting period but opted out right at the end and went with MM because it was in stock and the reviews was excellent,
they didnt have the color I would have chosen waiting maybe would have gone with the blue version or maybe red at a push but ended up with black,

they have some more in stock and there reasonable with the prices 1228 euros,
the shipping was that fast I got a tracking number before the actual sales receipt by email,
from 15.22pm to the next day at 12.00 noon it traveled by DHL from Ireland to Ukraine in under 20hrs was in Kiev and customs cleared 35 euros postage I am talking Nasa speeds,

ill post some pics when I open the box I saw one on Reddit a Formula Pro some parts had fallen off the face of the wheel but the only 1 with issues I have seen maybe it was stored wrong I am sure it was from Amazon in the US maybe a returns you never know with these guys,

but this Murray Motorsport means business these guys are the best I never seen items shipped and move this fast if anyone wants one go to these guys they have vast stock of simulator gear and ship globally.

Best service I ever experienced in my entire life.
1596223943601.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I too was considering this wheel... but currently putting it on hold for now as a friend had a not-so-good experience with his. Below are his feedback. He believe the issue is software / firmware related, and still feel the hardware is awesome and top notch.

"It's better to wait a few months if you can, or go for another brand because at least currently they have some terrible QC issues. Some of their electronics and especially the software is bad and buggy. Look in the cube owners group on FB. DOA, dying in days, or multiple restarts needed, missed shifts, complete stall of display, lights, shifters under an hour, etc.

It's a shame because their rigidity, looks, grip quality and shape, shifters, dials, buttons are superb. Just the bugs let it all down.
"

Upvote 0
I too was considering this wheel... but currently putting it on hold for now as a friend had a not-so-good experience with his. Below are his feedback. He believe the issue is software / firmware related, and still feel the hardware is awesome and top notch.

"It's better to wait a few months if you can, or go for another brand because at least currently they have some terrible QC issues. Some of their electronics and especially the software is bad and buggy. Look in the cube owners group on FB. DOA, dying in days, or multiple restarts needed, missed shifts, complete stall of display, lights, shifters under an hour, etc.

It's a shame because their rigidity, looks, grip quality and shape, shifters, dials, buttons are superb. Just the bugs let it all down.
"
Yeah I heard 100,s of terrible stories with Fanatec also I think its same with everything tbh here or there, I been using Fanatec over 10 years never 1 issue,
I hope the wheel comes undamaged 1stly and works fine once its here if not ill send it back be a shame,
but these stories are on almost every product,
A friend just bought a PSE product last week that had some defects but was issued a replacement instantly so its not just here with Cube. :)

Upvote 0
Yeah I heard 100,s of terrible stories with Fanatec also I think its same with everything tbh here or there, I been using Fanatec over 10 years never 1 issue,
I hope the wheel comes undamaged 1stly and works fine once its here if not ill send it back be a shame,
but these stories are on almost every product,
A friend just bought a PSE product last week that had some defects but was issued a replacement instantly so its not just here with Cube. :)
Yeah it happens to other companies too. I'm not trying to bash anything, just providing genuine info that the OP was looking for. Like I said I'm considering to buy this wheel (and PSE!) too, just waiting for them to fix the issue which I know they are working on (fingers crossed!)

Reactions: CC
Upvote 0
Yeah it happens to other companies too. I'm not trying to bash anything, just providing genuine info that the OP was looking for. Like I said I'm considering to buy this wheel (and PSE!) too, just waiting for them to fix the issue which I know they are working on (fingers crossed!)
I was watching that simracing garage review he said there some gremlins inside the software for the display but its not made by Cube so imagine like everything will be updated by a firmware patch here or there last 8 months with all the insane amount of Fanatec nonsense and betas and patches must have updated my stuff over 50 times on a CSL PS4 base + 2x 2.5 bases and now a DD2 its never ending,

but from experience nothing is never perfect ill add maybe 3-4 pages on the displays make a few cool designs and just leave it default mostly, I imagine the buttons all work fine lets see ill leave a few pics and some feedback when it comes. :)

Upvote 0
The software is third party, ultimate game tech manager. I had a few problems to begin with, mostly user error as Is usually the case with me.
I updated the software today to the latest beta version and it was quite an improvement in my opinion also supporting F1 2020. It appears the software is updated regularly.
The wheel is very complex, but when set up right it’s a joy to use but takes a while (for me) to understand all the settings. It appears some get lost in all the settings from what I have seen.
I have used it everyday for a couple of weeks and it’s never missed a beat. I love it!

• Love
Upvote 0
The software is third party, ultimate game tech manager. I had a few problems to begin with, mostly user error as Is usually the case with me.
I updated the software today to the latest beta version and it was quite an improvement in my opinion also supporting F1 2020. It appears the software is updated regularly.
The wheel is very complex, but when set up right it’s a joy to use but takes a while (for me) to understand all the settings. It appears some get lost in all the settings from what I have seen.
I have used it everyday for a couple of weeks and it’s never missed a beat. I love it!
Yes I can imagine take quite some setting up also reading the manuals and guides for the thing,
and yes the software is 3rd party so not really Cube to blame apart from you could say at this price they could maybe develop there own inhouse software,
but the Ultimate game tech manager I been keeping my eye on for quite some time,
personally for me I would rather bypass the default functionality and use Simhub because most of the custom wheels the guys are building and 3D printing the more exotic stuff the guys using these displays + Simhub not sure without looking if this is possible ill look later but be my choice tbh
Cube should have a function there to use it with Simhub its the best software available currently.

Yes be a case of changing the ports so Simhub can listen to it,
ill be straight into this stuff save the hassle and cut the middle man out,.
1596307159480.png

Upvote 0
I totally agree with the SimHub statement, a shame really as SimHub is awesome. I would be very interested if you get anywhere with this, way over my head.
BC8566A4-E7E8-4482-94DE-2BC6080B6775.jpeg
One thing I will add my wheel is fussy over USB connections, I had to move it across multiple sockets before it was happy and settled.

Upvote 0
I totally agree with the SimHub statement, a shame really as SimHub is awesome. I would be very interested if you get anywhere with this, way over my head.
View attachment 394689One thing I will add my wheel is fussy over USB connections, I had to move it across multiple sockets before it was happy and settled.
Yes my USB is awful also with most things now just go direct into two ports at the back,
you know I bought one and it be here soon but so jealous looking at yours its a strange feeling :roflmao: :geek: :D :D

Ill get Simhub cooking nicely well ill try my best, if I get it working ill share the settings on RD

Upvote 0
Did you manage to get the postage sorted in the end? MM are excellent.
Yes they send it the wheel but they sent it too fast I got a tracking number before a receipt and they never attached any invoice the speed of the shipping was insane,
got a message email from the customs yesterday so me and the wife filled it out last night was in russian but need to wait now to pay the 30% import charge lol,
so once this paid when they send the bill will come then maybe take another 3-4 days I hope :)

Upvote 0
Well received my CSX2 box mint from DHL 0 damage like it left the factory just packed,

inside 0 issues absolutely mind blowing build quality by far the best quality I have seen anywhere,
added it to my Fanatec Podium Hub looks lovely,

I had some technical problems with the gear paddles not working but read the manual and still was confused but ended up yes me confused to how it should go in the end was a fast fix,

but my understanding now on a driving experience a true experience has changed yet again,

comparing AC with my DD2+FormulaV2 wheel to now AC with my DD2+CSX2 wheel the new level of immersion it unlocked the 2 can not even be compared and its not the fancy switches or displays in the end its the build quality which maybe before I didnt understand what impact it could have possibly made,

ingame the CSX2 is just solid as a rock even if you hold both grips and twist them hard as possible 0 movement 0 flex or budge I honestly believe your wrists would snap long before you moved anything 1mm its like a tank,

but driving because of the construction of the actual wheel itself its translating all the small details on the track surface and the kerbs to a whole brand new level of detail its honestly like been attached to the DD shaft itself, the Formula V2 grips for example are just almost hollow inside so 80% of the finer finer details are getting lost long before they reach your hands and fingertips long before,
the CSX2 grips are just alive with details and excitement the level of immersion is like night and day difference experiencing real world build quality over plastic replica cheaper constructed parts,

it wasnt even the reason I buy the wheel was the more realistic display and grip style but never expected to be blown away right at the end with the construction of the wheel ingame like this...

38F85FD9-01DE-474A-A502-0800C62F4FF4.jpeg

Upvote 0
Well written. It gives me a buzz that you are so pleased. My wheel really has felt better the more I use it.
Was so excited 1st to see if the box was damaged because Ukraine is not the best for parcel delivery so was worried but in the end was still delivered by DHL was actually the 1st DHL van I have ever seen here,

then opened it with my wife so excited but remember that reddit post above so was worried but excited hoping nothing had fallen off or damaged so this was the 2nd step making sure was still good lol,

then 3rd checking over the wheel and quality which I must say yes I expected the quality to be good at this money but this thing is 100% insane perfect like God wheel,

then was playing around with the software a while everything worked but my DD2 was still boxed away in the end the excitement took over me and I unpacked it all like a boss and mounted it, its not at a angle and facing me awful almost laid down in my Sparco seat to reach the pedals but that didnt stop me,

but the very last thing I even thought about not once at all or even expected was the build quality been translated at such a high level when at a point I was driving and like almost in shock nodding my head thinking jesus this is the **** right here,

just totally blown away....

Upvote 0
That’s awesome, so pleased for you. It’s tricky to recommend or relay when somebody asks about the wheel and of course there’s the expense. I had a front screw come loose this week, I just went round and nipped them all tight with the tool. Might be worth a check for you.

Upvote 0
That’s awesome, so pleased for you. It’s tricky to recommend or relay when somebody asks about the wheel and of course there’s the expense. I had a front screw come loose this week, I just went round and nipped them all tight with the tool. Might be worth a check for you.
Yes expensive at 1935$ with imports but I dont think about these things too much,
its the dream I care about not what it takes to get there and Cube Controls made my dreams come true you cant put a price on that I dont think. :D

Upvote 0
Thx ill take a look over it later maybe worth buying some locktight for them to keep them in place longer, still need to look over this simhub software at some point I took a look earlier be nice to get it working on there as well.

Upvote 0
I think it may have been down to the tactile I have installed shaking them loose to be fair. I also managed to get F1 2020 working with the UGT port ’fix’.
I have a Turn racing custom GT3 wheel, it’s not getting used as much!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 124 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 171 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 333 28.2%