any combination of modded tracks/cars crashes after a few laps

Modded content seems to be cause of crashes - I do some hot laps and short 2 lap racem but any longer ends up with a freeze/crash.
Tried several 4 lap races last night & only one completed without crash was KS cars on KS track.
Even one part of modded content crashes i.e. field of modded cars on KS track crashed (ATCC GroupC @Zandvoort). Then tried KS cars (Porsche Boxster) on Deutchlandring (modded) it crashed before end of race.

AC v1.16.4 + CSP v1.52 & SOL. I went to downgrade CSP to 1.46 as it's 'recommended' but some of my modded content needs v1.52. I guess it's the mods making it unreliable? Win10 x64 i9940x 14 core, 64Gb, Vega 56 running latest AMD Adrenaline drivers.

Strange. I run tons of mods with different CSP versions (also ATCC) and i can definitely say since years I had 1-2 crashes !! It’s unbelievable but for me AC is one of the most stable games ever experienced.

If Something was wrong the Game just didn’t not load the race but never had crashes during race.

With the older CSP versions some crashes when hitting replay during race.

But unfortunately I can’t help you but can say the mod you mentioned is ok.

I don’t use CM always install mods manual and had never problems

Strange. I run tons of mods with different CSP versions (also ATCC) and i can definitely say since years I had 1-2 crashes !!
hey thx for feedback - what ver of CSP do you find reliable? I keep doing the Steam AC file integrity check, WIndows 10 updates, AMD driver updates everything up to date. AC is pretty much all I have installed apart from VLC, unzip & AOMEI Backupper utilities it's a pretty clear system so I at a loss why it's so unreliable.

I used 146, 152 longer with no problem. Also 162 no problems but strange lightning (bugs?)
Now I am using 160 had no issues at all.

Just an Idea - you say u do the AC file integrity. Maybe I am wrong but doing so u overwrite parts of the modded content. May that cause probs?
Reinstall and test some mods just after file integrity test.

Try some older graphics driver. Newest is not always best

Edit: sorry I forgot that Kunos content is running ok, so the graphicdriver idea is senseless

Last edited:
SOLVED: RAM was overclocked (I didn’t know) which was only problematic in AC and when I ran memory stress tests, turned off OC in BIOS and all good. It was only after using BlueScreenView that I identified what precise tasks were crashing, looked them up it related to memory, did a memory stress test which failed....asked my PC builder & he suggested the OC might be an issue. Phew what a process to solve.

SOLVED: RAM was overclocked (I didn’t know) which was only problematic in AC and when I ran memory stress tests, turned off OC in BIOS and all good. It was only after using BlueScreenView that I identified what precise tasks were crashing, looked them up it related to memory, did a memory stress test which failed....asked my PC builder & he suggested the OC might be an issue. Phew what a process to solve.
good to hear and good that you posted the conclusion here :thumbsup:
Nothing worse than googling an issue, finding some random forum thread with the exact same, and then a simple "Solved it" at the end with no explanation :mad::D

ah I didn't post every update - turns out it was crashing for ANY car-track combination including KS content. Initially a few short KS content races completed without incident and the crashes were so random hard to trouble-shoot. It was only after I used BlueScreenView to identify the exact processes crashing with one pointed to RAM, that I did an overnight RAM stress test with MemTest86 that uncovered the OC issue.
I went back in to BIOS and switched XMP on (intel filemaps for OC ram), but I manually selected frequency of 2666Mhz instead of XMP selecting 3000Mhz - otherwise RAM dropped all the way back to 2133Mhz with XMP off (ASRock X299 motherboard)

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back