Any audiophiles out there?

I am looking for a speaker upgrade, and am able to get a full set of Tannoy SFX 5.1 for cheap.

Currently, I have a pair of M-Audio AV40 studio monitors hooked up to a Behringer Xenyx 302USB, which is also connected to my TV. This mixer is connected via USB to my computer.

I'm off to uni and the Tannoy surround sound is way easier for me to fit on my desk compared to the studio monitors, and I'd like some surround sound for movies and the like.

What exactly do I need along with the Tannoy system? Do I need an AV receiver? I looked at the manual for the SFX 5.1, and it appears that you require an AV receiver. My current mixer/soundcard only has output for L/R main speakers, so I guess isn't appropriate.

What sort of thing do I need to look for? Basically I want to be able to plug my computer and TV into it, the option to use my Xenyx mixer as well would be a bonus (perhaps plug the Xenyx into the AV receiver as the sole input?), as it's the soundcard of my computer, which I would like to keep.

You are diving in to the abyss of Audio. I think I'm gonna a start a thread on 5.1 in sim racing I don't think it's necessary BUT if your hell bent on that. Then the mixer should be the right config so you can eq the outputs and have headphones and audio going at once. I wouldn't spend a lot of money on 5.1 because AC doesn't even have a 5.1 mix and most of the sims probably aren't real 5.1. mix. long discussions required lol.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 94 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 473 38.9%